• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It looks bent to me

APEX 06

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.sheboyganyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX, 08 Apex Mtx
Ok guys what do you think the subframe bent, on the chain case side shock looks push back and the spindle looks off. I had a hard landing last Friday and made a flat spot on the bottom of the frame.

Attachments

• rps20140112_173608_175.jpg
    rps20140112_173608_175.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 87
  • rps20140112_173644_864.jpg
    rps20140112_173644_864.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 93

First thing to look at is the plate on the subframe with the 3" hole in the center , if it's buckled then it's bent , but by the looks of it , it looks bent !

That's all it takes sometimes

I have one in the shop right now with a bent subframe and lower a-arm , so check that lower a-arm to but I think the frame would bend before that arm , stock arms are kinda weak , every time I bent my subframe the lower arm would be bent to .

I wouldn't sweat it. My circle has a small wave in it too, I bought it like this. It may be bent, and when I look at the shocks I think I can tell a little bit, but my Nytro still handles good!

Beenba said:
I wouldn't sweat it. My circle has a small wave in it too, I bought it like this. It may be bent, and when I look at the shocks I think I can tell a little bit, but my Nytro still handles good!

If its bent it will go more I feel.

Im with beenba.....Ive pounded the crap out of my xtx and know the subfame has been tweaked back and forth. I dont plan on replacing mine.

I put a little bend in mine when the sled had 20 miles on it.. 8000 miles later Ive bent the other side to match.. I always say im going to fix it in the summer, but I probably wont until I bend it far enough for the shock to hit the a arm..

Last year I bent mine far enough that the shock was touching the a-arm. Went and bought a come-along at crappy tire, tied the back of the sled to trailer hitch on my vehicle, attached the come-along to the telephone pole and the end of my driveway and bottom of the spindle and started pulling! Got it close to original than drove it the rest of the winter then installed Grizz Gussets during the summer.

(This happened on my first ride of the season, safe to say I was Pissed)

Well I've put 5000km on mine since I noticed it was tweaked with no issues so that has to be some sort of piece of mind. Steel is very ductile, and bends while retaining a lot of its strength.

Now if the subframe was made of cast on the other hand.....i'd replace it in a heartbeart. haha

Don't sweat it man just ride it! If you think that's bad you should see my buddy's frame, it is messed up big time and it's been like that for 4 years!

I couldn't live with it , so I would replace it and call grizztracks and get a gusset kit from him and it won't bend again !

Back