• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rtx le

2008 Nytro RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
Is rear skid articcat skid or is it Yamaha's skid am going to snow check one but I'm a hundred and sixty pounds and I ride fairly aggressive so I'm wondering if I should get the LE or just the regular RTX I really like the LE though you should hear allthie Doo guys, a lot of them like the vipers and the ones that are in the market for a new sled this year said this is the first time in a long time hey Yamaha sled has made their short list with legitimate chance of them actually purchasing one over a doo I sold my RS this summer and was going to snow check an xrs but now that I seen the 14 and now the 15's LE is definitely the way to go now the only choice is blue and white or orange blue and white

as it's pretty common for other people I'm sure my mind is racing a mile a minute with different situations that I can withis the extra suspension and whatever else they did worth the extra $2000 that'll costto go over with the 15 as opposed to be staying with a leftover 14 I would say yeah I think that the shock package alone in the 15 is worth well over $2000 what is your guys opinion

I already know as soon as write this people are going to argue, but ill say it anyway. 98% of people that buy these sleds the RR XRS and now the RTX LE. Dont and will not use the capability of those shocks. Even the fox float 3's. Unless your flying through the air 10 -15 feet in the air and hitting 5 and 6 foot moguls at really fast speeds. I jump all the time and I hit huge bumps fast and drifts I seek them out and im 250 pounds dressed and I probably won't use up the float 3's. They sell these sleds for the people that want to race and want the sled that resembles a race sled. Very few will use these sleds to there capability! So unless your going to be flying through the air 10-15+ feet high over and over and 40-50 feet through the air. I ask why. Even though the shocks are better does not mean your going to ride to there capability. Im not being mean at all. There are people that will use these sleds for what they were meant for. But not most. The overall ride will be really stiff not a fun long distance trail sled. Just a straight ditch banger. No one I know who has one of these sleds like the ride. And if they say they do either they use it right or they are lying. And if you say just loosen everything up and make it as soft as possible, why buy this sled?

Agree with you Tim, but I didn't have much of a choice. No base LTX models left in the area, so when the wife elected to commandeer my non SE LTX the only one available was the red and black SE. I know I will be unhappy with the ride so I'm already looking at options for making it a long distance cruiser.

I have many 30 something ditch banger friends, actually sons of friends, who will want to check it out so I'll delay the update for a while. That will give me time to choose wisely.

Secretly I always wanted the red and black SE so fate has smiled on me because my wife has a great sled for her and I get to customize the suspension to my liking on the sled I always wanted.

Getting excited just thinking about it!

Speaking of excitement, how is the ride going in the north country?

I know you will get her set up right. But I was not talking about our fox float 3's I was talking about the fox float Evol RC that go on the RTX LE. Its no problem to let air out of the fox floats. They are a great shock but if you let air out that you lost ride height. Now for a trail rider who cares. As long as its comfortable. But for the Evols why get that great of a shock to let all the air out and trail ride? Now if you have the money, cool buy me some...lol..but why have these if your not going to use them? Save your money and get the 3's

Haha, I like them just for the looks!!

Anyone want to buy a Turbo'd up 14?

I want a 15 now.

I like the white/blue, but dont want or need the 1.7 track.

Tim the Evols do both trail and big bump much better than the 3's. Ours have Hi/Low though and not sure if the best of both could be accomplished without that. Sure would like to try that skid though.

It looked to me like the same skid as we have.

I cant believe that im buying a yamaha n not a Doo I never thought yamaha would make something that would make me go back with them so thats 02 viper 08 nytro rtx n now 15 rtx le I thought forsure id be on an xrs

2008 Nytro RTX said:
I cant believe that im buying a yamaha n not a Doo I never thought yamaha would make something that would make me go back with them so thats 02 viper 08 nytro rtx n now 15 rtx le I thought forsure id be on an xrs

:Rockon: :yam: :Rockon:

Well said tim. 100% true. I am a very aggressive driver and hit jumps and stuff but never have I used up the full capability of the shocks yet.

It's true this set up isn't for everyone, howevere I installed the RC2's on my 14 with the clicker skid setup out of 14 Cat RR, I ride above average aggresive (even a couple of USXC races) and it works awesome (can't wait to use the stronger arms) that being said the adjustability of this shock package is amazing and when normal trail riding setups are dialed in, the ride and handling for everyday riding is awesome!

I had a 2010 600 rr doo n as I did not ride it a lot the miles I did I found the sled be a tiny bit stiff but that is a race skid so the rtx le will be some what softer therefore making it perfect for me

2008 Nytro RTX said:
I had a 2010 600 rr doo n as I did not ride it a lot the miles I did I found the sled be a tiny bit stiff but that is a race skid so the rtx le will be some what softer therefore making it perfect for me
Now it's all coming back to me !
Your not going to back out at the last min. like you did last year are you ?

Back