• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Maine dealer shout out

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
Was on a back-pack trip 500 miles from starting point when FIRST issue EVER in 13,000 miles on my sled "Mufassa". Broke the w-arm in 3 pieces. Rigged up a drag with my ax, rope & tree branches & dragged it 14 miles to Houlton Powersports in Houlton Maine. They found a used part from a friend, pulled a mechanic off a job & got me back on the trail!!!! $100 cash for part, $275 for minor parts & labor! Finished with 1700 miles. That's SERVICE! Guess I'll be sending them a x-mass card this year. If you stop in, mention this so they know good word gets around...

stevewithOCD said:
Was on a back-pack trip 500 miles from starting point when FIRST issue EVER in 13,000 miles on my sled "Mufassa". Broke the w-arm in 3 pieces. Rigged up a drag with my ax, rope & tree branches & dragged it 14 miles to Houlton Powersports in Houlton Maine. They found a used part from a friend, pulled a mechanic off a job & got me back on the trail!!!! $100 cash for part, $275 for minor parts & labor! Finished with 1700 miles. That's SERVICE! Guess I'll be sending them a x-mass card this year. If you stop in, mention this so they know good word gets around...
They are my dealer for past two years now,and when I had my apex on trail and was losing my driveshaft dry side bearing,i called them to see if they had one and could get me right in and fix it now,they said oh ya,we will stay open till you get here and get it going right away,that is the reason I traded in my apex on my cat turbo,but my mistake was thinking cats quality had improved sense my last cat a 97 zr580,but there quality is still not good,and sense I have owned this sled,they have worked there magic several times,but after the last time it is over,once they get it back up and ready they take it in trade on a new apex xtx,so I completely understand how well it makes you feel when guys do this,it makes us all feel real lucky we have some great dealerships around.

That's great Steve, nice job getting back to the dealer also. Dealers really can make a differanceand I wish they all would listen to story's like yours! I bet they got the part from Scott too.( Betheviper) ;)!

Also Fort Kent Yamaha was out of belts & took one off a showroom sled. I know it's minor, but i'm finding Yamaha dealers seem to be a little more gracious than others...

I have a good relationship with the owner of Houlton Motorsports. He is personally based in Manchester, Maine.

While riding one day I had my rear wheel come off, flew right off the bearing. I pulled in, and after we looked through a ton of boxes and inventory, found nothing. We went out to the used sled line, and he took one off a RX1 (I had a Vector of the time).

He also deals in a lot of Cat stuff.

Hey I know this thread is about great customer service, but I cannot get past the fact that you dragged an Apex 14 miles. You sir, are an animal! :Rockon:

X2 when I blew up my viper several weeks ago, I drug it out with my Polaris (luckily it was 8 am Monday morning and noone saw it) The longest 6 miles I ever RODE let alone dragging it!!!

Well first of all it was a YAMAHA towing me! Second of all i cut a branch & put it across the skis in front of spindles. Then found a left-over 2 by 6 near a survival shack to put under track, but over branch. Tied boards together & to the spindles & dragged it no problem even across roads. It fished tailed all over place, but it was actually fun! We have it on video from front sled. I'll see if i can get it on you-tube. A handy small AX from Cabela's fits in my rear trunk did the trick. I carry ALOT of survival gear even on short rides. Let's see: I used my siphon to help a guy out, my tow rope, my jumper cables when my battery died due to bad relay, installed my spare relay, 20' of rope & of course my AX!

yes, that was me that sold you the part. Until they moved some stuff around, I thought it was going to be me fixing the sled as they were swamped at the time. For the most part, it is a county thing. We around here know what it is like to be stranded and will do what we can to help out, even remove parts from our own sleds.

Glad you got to finish your ride.

Thanks a ton Viper! I feel connected to you now. Almost like you donated an organ. That's how much OCD i have with snowmobiles...

Back