• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dupont slides or wheels

fourload

TY 4 Stroke Master
New Nytro XTX with almost 350 miles and my sliders are pretty gone. The trails and lake were pretty hard especially in the cold mornings so conditions were less than ideal. Lots of wear on the front curve and under the rubber bumpstop. Are those small marginal wheels that go on the curve any better than they use to be? I used them years ago but they didn't last too long. Are the duponts really that good and would I need oversize wheels or extra wheels too? Thanks

i just put on Excell wheels and duponts on, I wont be worrying about my slides for a few seasons..

Put the duponts on at 590 miles and have 2600 and still lots left. We had very hard and icy trails this year and they really held up. I added ice scratchers as that is how hard the trails were. Within the first 30 miles one of them broke so I never really got to use them. I will change out the duponts with duponts again.

Pete

On my XTX I changed the sliders every season roughly 2,000 miles a year. I burned up a set of hyfax mid-season one year and so I put the excel wheels on and currently have 6,000 miles with the yamaha sliders.

I would recommend fully clipping the track cause the duponts I've read in the forum haven't been working well if your track is not fully clipped. My track I fully clipped to stop the rubber/plastic burning smell.

Even having 6,000 miles on them now I don't plan on changing them out because they are only worn down 1/2 way to the wear mark.

Duponts are good, I put 6km on mine. I have gradually swopped my idlers out for larger one and added the smaller 'marginal snow' wheel kit from yamaha at the front of the skid. I hoping that next year the friction on the front of the skid will finally be minimized.

The smaller wheels work well, but that bearing should be changed every season. I have watched mine this year and after 4,000 kms they are chunky and should be changed.

The combination of larger wheels and duponts should allow for some piece of mind running now.
MS

I have the Excel kit plus the little marginal wheels and the Dupont sliders and swear by them. I have 2 seasons on them 9000+km on them. This season we ended up some long road runs and no problems or worries. Just hit the road and go.

Termite said:
On my XTX I changed the sliders every season roughly 2,000 miles a year. I burned up a set of hyfax mid-season one year and so I put the excel wheels on and currently have 6,000 miles with the yamaha sliders.

I would recommend fully clipping the track cause the duponts I've read in the forum haven't been working well if your track is not fully clipped. My track I fully clipped to stop the rubber/plastic burning smell.

Even having 6,000 miles on them now I don't plan on changing them out because they are only worn down 1/2 way to the wear mark.

Duponts melted my track, I had to go full clips. Should have left stock slides on, they wear in the places u mention then stop and are good for lots of miles. I put 3500 miles on my last set and they were fine when I took them off. Duponts suck.

i have the 135mm id wheels with a set of white yamaha sliders and they haven't moved yet (3200 miles)

I have over 11,000 miles on the Duponts on 2012 Nytro RTX still look good!

I haven't put new sliders ever since I've gone to 135mm wheels and the small marginal snow wheels up front. That was about 9000 km ago. But I did lose one of those small wheels when the bearing gave out. My fault as I just kept regreasing them each year and eventually it failed. Should be replaced every couple of years as they do spin pretty fast. And I also fully clipped my track.

I have about 1700km's on my duponts with the stock XTX skid and I can barely see any wear. Very impressed so far!

Heard of other guys having track issues with the duponts but I'm not seeing any of that so far.

I have the bigger wheels from my dealer and stock slides, I run duraflex ice scratchers and put 2,800 miles on this season with same set of slides and I will prob run them again next season.
When I do replace them I will most likely put duponts on. My sled has over 9,000 miles on it so I figure duponts will get it too 20,000 miles

I did both for this last season, DuPont sliders and excell wheels. Look good after 1400 miles of mainly trail riding this season!

Back