• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Koplin fuel pac install

Bluebullet

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
Guys, I have had some requests to post some information on my fuel pac install so here are some pics and general notes.

Sled is a 2010 Apex LTX GT
I have the stock exhaust ( No turnouts) Heat has not been an issue.
The kit comes with a round mounting bracket with 8 srew/bolt holes
*****( Be aware of rear cooler location)****
I only used 2 mounting mounting screws and two 1/4 20 bolts just behind the cooler so that the fuel pac once intalled would strattle the rear bumper ( to aid in support) and not damage the rear cooler. I attached an old hyfax to match the rear tunnel ext.
The kit has worked well for 3 seasons, never leaks, and adds 1.5 gal of gas.
You can purchase extra brackets, they are stackable for other uses such as 4 wheelers, pick up beds, tracters......
Here is a link for more info.
Grizzley install vid.
http://www.kolpinpowersports.com/produc ... t-atv.html
More info:
Kolpin ATV Fuel Pack Jr. Product Features:

Constructed of puncture resistant, crush proof, high density polyethylene
Large molded handle makes carrying and filling easy
CARB and EPA certified
Legal for use in all 50 states
Spill-proof spout is self-closing and self-venting
1 1/2 gallon capacity
Can be mounted to ATVs, garage walls, boats, and more
Easy to mount with the Fuel Pack Bracket and Pack Mount
Works with the Utility Gear Rail System for use on a UTV (sold separately, requires Fuel Pack Bracket)
Fuel Pack Jr Instructions
Fuel Pack Jr with Bracket Instructions
Fuel Pack Jr with Pack Mount Instructions
Proudly made in the USA

OK, enough info, Hope this helps! ;)!

Attachments

• 4.1.14 001.jpg
    4.1.14 001.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 4.1.14 002.jpg
    4.1.14 002.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 4.1.14 003.jpg
    4.1.14 003.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 162
  • 4.1.14 004.jpg
    4.1.14 004.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 148

Kolpin now owned by Polaris. I was looking into buying a couple of jr's, but I found a trail tank instead. Looks like a nice product. Good post!

kolpin

I just mounted one to my 13' 128 with a custom bracket.

Attachments

• 20140330_132844.jpg
    20140330_132844.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 988
  • 20140330_133305.jpg
    20140330_133305.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 982
RX1MPete said:
Kolpin now owned by Polaris. I was looking into buying a couple of jr's, but I found a trail tank instead. Looks like a nice product. Good post!

How does Rotopax fit into the whole scenario then. As this tank is actually made by Rotopax, or at least identical to them. My guess is Kolpin rebrands them.

As I looked at your install and tried to measure the height of the fuel tank, I realized my XTX has the new narrow exhaust. These pipes look lower on the XTX. It's too bad, as the tunnel is longer in back and would be perfect for this application. I will have to look in the tunnel to see where the exchanger is mounted as well.

Great write up!! Thank you!

The rotopax is different than the kolpin. I have kolpin cans with rotopax mounts, but they took a lot of work to fit the kolpin can. The rotopax mount is a lot bigger than the kolpin mount.

Back