• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cross country racing

srx900

Expert
Did anyone notice that the Yamaha cc race team has worse results on the new viper than it had last year on Nytro's

still dont get why they didnt put that front end into production.. seemd like it fixed a lot of issues with the nytro, and it won races. viper is doing better in hill climb tho..

The "open" class NYTRO that was raced in XC had very little in common with a "stock" NYTRO. Fixing the front end was just one of the multiple issues that were addressed. But hell yes, it ripped!

2lapsdown said:
The "open" class NYTRO that was raced in XC had very little in common with a "stock" NYTRO. Fixing the front end was just one of the multiple issues that were addressed. But hell yes, it ripped!
then make some changes and sell it to us dammit! :yam:

09nytro said:
It also took a couple years for them to figure out the nytro to start winning !
There was precious little winning going on with either the close to stock Nytro, or the extremely modified one in XC racing. It was certainly not the fault of the guys racing, and the guys working on the sled. But the original design was so flawed, especially in the light of the rules that prevailed in XC at the time, they had virtually no chance.

kingedwards99 said:
I heard the viper chasis are coming apart on them!
i had heard that the first year of this chassis (when it was a cat only chassis) that they had issues with the bulkheads coming apart. this problem i know has since been resolved though. havent heard of anything else "coming apart" especially not since its been a shared platform anyway..

The chassis is fine. There was a crapload of chain/chaincase issues. Of course the usual XC crash and break stuff deal. The biggest problem Yamaha has is if you only have 3 or maybe 4 sleds at an event you pretty much have no margin for error. The DNF rate last year was the worst I have ever seen. They know that and have been working very hard to prevent another year like last year.

Not trying to start something, Heard from a very reliable source. And I'm sure they aren't going to tell you about it, because why would they want you to know? so you won't buy one!

Back