• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch OverHaul (Primary & Secondary)

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
Anyone come across a list of instructions on how to pull apart both the primary and secondary clutches to give them a proper cleaning.
I have looked in the FAQ's showing the steps to upgrade to an Ulmer kit buts that's it.

Any special tools
Lubricating parts on reassembly - if any
Possible wear items.

Never had them apart before, and wanted to do this during the summer.
Thanks
Mark

Look for a post from me "Mills" about a free download of the Nytro service manual, everything you need will be in n thee manual.

Depending on your mileage another possible wear item are the metal bushings in the primary and secondary. I am planning on doing mine before next season.

Check your ramps, bushings, springs, rollers look over the sheaves for cracks then clean. DO NOT use lube on any part of the clutch DO NOT use any break or carb cleaner on the clutch. Wash with HOT soap water use dawn dish soap and then blow dry.

Kirkdking said:
I'm pulling mine apart the week ill take some pics and some wording make up a slide show.

Hey Kirkdking,

Any luck with your clutch cleaning tutorial? Looking forward to it! :Rockon:

I would like to know - can the whole clutch be serviced and cleaned without pulling it off the drive shaft of the engine??
MS

So just undoing the bolts that hold the face of the clutch and cleaning on the inside is not good enough?
Thanks
MS

I use brake cleaner and just do as Sevey has asked. Seems to work for me but I could be wrong. I havent had any issues that I can see but I am the first to admit I am a backyard hack.

Back