• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barcode 36"+5 kit ride report Awesome!!!

fishstick

Extreme
I posted this in the mnt section also but figured you guys over here might like it to

Well after lurking on here and some other sites, for quite some time. Reading about all the kits available for the Nytro. I decided to jump in. Looked at and weighed the pros/cons of each kit. I was a little hesitant at first dealing with a new co. With only one product. But if your on the fence don't be. These guys are super nice and very helpful. And build a very nice quality product. The instructions are quite detailed and cover pretty much everything. You'll need a magnetic angle finder to set up the castor and camber to your personal likings. They have a "factory"setting but that will only work on a 100% true frame. If your frame is tweaked or out a bit you'll need to mess with the heim joints a bit. It took me about 30 min of adjusting to get it to where I want it. I ended up at 36.25" C to C with 24 deg of positive Caster and 1 deg of negative Camber. Thats what the instructions suggested. The kit also comes with a 1/8" upper arm spacer that is supposed to adjust the Caster either way 2 deg. so if I were to place the spacer in the front of the arm it will make the Castor 26 deg But thats just how I have it set. It seems to be pretty adjustable, if needed. The kit fit on the sled quite easily. I have read many horror stories of other manufactures kits that did not quite fit properly or did not at all, or had the wrong side bolts or sleeves etc. This kit came in complete and fit like it was factory. There is only one modification you'll need to do, is cut or drill a small hole into the plastic above the upper shock mount. But this is totally unseen once the sled is back together. Plus I really like that it uses the stock tie rods. Smart!

Damn! What a difference. You really notice the 36" width. Its nuts how easily it goes on its side now. Really regretting not getting it sooner. Its obviously tippy on the trail. But that's a given. I do have to keep an eye on the loading/unloading of the sled on the sled deck. But I have put on a short piece of plastic on the ramp where the belly pan slightly touches just in case. But then again from what I've read all the + forward kits could possible rub on loading and unloading. So this was not a issue for me. I just need to slightly modify mu sled deck and the issue is no longer a concern( job for the summer)
Ive been riding it now for just over two weeks.
I cant be happier with the kit. Great quality great service. Awesome ride. Im very glad I took the leap.

Hey fishstick thank you for the kind words. Were pleased your happy with the kit.

the Castor is adjusted by simple threading the heim joint further into or further out of the a-arm. We recommend 24 deg it seems to be the best spot for the Nytro.

yeah I get it now, I had to refresh my mind on some of the pictures :) your a arms come in at an angle to allow for some adjustment to castor.

so if my sled sitting stock sits around 20 degrees would I be able to adjust my stuff to a proper 23 degrees with these a arms?

Cheers

yxan said:
yeah I get it now, I had to refresh my mind on some of the pictures :) your a arms come in at an angle to allow for some adjustment to castor.

so if my sled sitting stock sits around 20 degrees would I be able to adjust my stuff to a proper 23 degrees with these a arms?

Cheers

Yes it will be.

I heard something about this front end months ago, and I wanted to test it. My nytro was allready parted and my front frame was on table, so I figured to do this myself. I can test stock front, skinz front and my front with barcode setup. In my sled I have 36.6" wide front(adjustable 35.8" to 37.8 with spacers) with 5" further front and caster is 23 degrees. My feelings are very similar to Fishsticks feelings. Not even bad on trails, front end is really steady and predictable, nothing really surprises anymore. Not bumpy trails and jumps and not even deep snow with some hard packed layers in it. Stocker wit hard packed layers on snow was really unpredictable, when it ducked it could do anything. I would buy this kit if I havent done it myself allready, but if(when) I chrash, I know where to get spare parts. ;) This thing really goes sideways and first time ever with nytro, I dont need bottomless powder to carve and even donuts can be made with minimal snow layer. Not really necessary to even stand up, it just goes like nothing. When going wrong foot forward, you need to pay attention to not roll it over, it feels so nimble. U turns can be made even hard conditions, just did my first downhill u-turns and sidehill parkings, only half foot soft on hardpacked snow.

Well I'm done for the season. Cant say enough about the Barcode 36" kit! Its just fantastic. Really changes the sled and the way it handles. Once I got used to it on the trails it was even more fun. Plus the spring snow is soooooooo much easier to ride in now. Getting on edge, even crusty morning snow is easy! Love it. Thanks to the guys at Barcode. Hope you come out with some other stuff. Ill be first in line.

Back