• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ripsaw2 vs Cobra vs Ice Attack

dhskir

I'm in the planning stages for a 136in track swap/skid relocate following GrizzTracks lead! I have the same sled as he, a 08 RTX 40th. He suggests the Ice Attack but I in ride in NH where we get every condition you can think of! Groomed,icy and even some powder! I'm looking for a track primarily for trail riding but able to do some powder with out getting stuck. I feel the longer track will be a big improvement on the trails with extra float in the deep! I'm leaning towards a Ripsaw2 with studs but the Cobra looks good,too! That means anything less than 1.5 in in height, as I want to retain the tunnel and exchanger protection.

Cobra lugs get very soft over period of time and the track looses performance on hardpack conditions. I wish Camoplast would still make Predator style tracks, in my opinion they provide best overall performance and durability.

The Ice Cobra 1.6 is only available in 2.86 pitch as well so forget about it. Unless you wanna change drivers too. As far as the soft lug problem, the 1.375 cobra was terrible for that I agree, but the 1.6 seems to hold up better

I ride NH/ME, and also did a 136" this year. I was in the same boat as you, wwanted to retain the tunnel protectors but ultimately decided to cut them out and accept the fact that I could not stud ever again on this sled. I rode Rangeley for a week in February, lots of icy corners and my sled did just fine with a 1.5" intense track. I'd say I probably was a bit more cautious than my buddy with studs, but it was a good thing because I would've been in trouble in those corners with or withough studs if I was going much faster.

so you have to cut the tunnel protectors out to run the intense 1.5??? some have said you didnt have to do that???..I swear my 1.375 rubs on them sometimes or maybe its hitting the ice build up...

I HAVE THE 1.25 ICE ATTACK TRACK ON MY 08 136" NYTRO AND LOVE IT, WILL PROLLY ALWAYS HAVE ONE OF THESE TRACKS NO MATTER WHAT SLED I HAVE

dhskir said:
I'm in the planning stages for a 136in track swap/skid relocate following GrizzTracks lead! I have the same sled as he, a 08 RTX 40th. He suggests the Ice Attack but I in ride in NH where we get every condition you can think of! Groomed,icy and even some powder! I'm looking for a track primarily for trail riding but able to do some powder with out getting stuck. I feel the longer track will be a big improvement on the trails with extra float in the deep! I'm leaning towards a Ripsaw2 with studs but the Cobra looks good,too! That means anything less than 1.5 in in height, as I want to retain the tunnel and exchanger protection.

Grizz rides in upstate NY so he deals with very similar conditions.

RIGIDONE said:
so you have to cut the tunnel protectors out to run the intense 1.5??? some have said you didnt have to do that???..I swear my 1.375 rubs on them sometimes or maybe its hitting the ice build up...

RIGID, some folks are adamant that you can leave them in, others say you gotta cut them out. I didn't want to chance it so I got rid of them. I didn't want to have to constantly worry about keeping my track on the tight side either.

Back