• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuner ski cost

Mills

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'14 Viper RTX, '06 Apex, '99 SX 600, '74 TL433F, '79 Trail Fire
I can get a pair of new in the box Tuner skis with loops from the local dealer for $60 each. Am I going to find a better deal at Hay Days or should I jump on these ASAP?

$60ea is a decent price. I believe one can buy them for approx $150 - $170 (pair) so you're saving some cash. Either way if I was in the market I would purchase for $120 (pair)

Good luck

Tuner skis are one piece. If they say with loops make sure they are actually tuners rather than another ski that has separate loops

that's good to know. I am going to be stopping by there Friday to check them out. If they are not one piece then no deal.

I have read-up on Tuners and see that a lot of guys are not liking the loose powder handling with the frist generation Tuners. Should I hold out for the supposed new '15 Tuners that are supposed to have a deeper keel?

I just put a set of these on my 2012 vector ltx, they are WAY BETTER than stock. Payed $299 for the skis and carbides together

that's a good price. i paid $200 for the pair at he Novi show a couple of years ago and that was with 2 pairs of 6" carbides. you can't go wrong at $60 each. ;)!

After reading up on these skis I am thinking I want to start with the 4" inner and 2" outer carbides. How much am I going to have to spend per ski to get carbides on them?

Do yourself a favor and buy studboy carbides. I'm running 6" inner 4" outer but I'm a fairly rugged guy and running a 128" studded track.... I tried the factory ones and that was actually more of a waste of time than what it was worth. Anyway it cost me 130ish to get a set of the studboys

i switched to the dual 6" woody's this year and i now have to take a little weight off the front compared to the Yamaha carbides. I found the sled darted just a little with the woody's compared to the oem's but i should be able to take care of that very easily.

FYI you might want to wait until fall and take a look at the new tuner skies that are being offered on the Vipers. they seem to have a deeper keel. ;)!

I have decided to wait for the deeper keel version on the '15 sleds.

Thanks for the info, I think I am still going to hold off on buying the ones at the dealer for $60 though. I am going to wait until next fall to see if the 6" wide x 1" deep keel versoin is offered as an accessory. If so, that is what I am going to go with.

Back