• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seafoam & Supreme Gas?

Elypsis

Extreme
Any issues with using Seafoam in motors that call for Supreme gas (ie. Phazers)?

Storage time is coming soon; I plan to get SeaFoam through my sleds as best I can. I use it fairly regularly in the Vector but am wondering about mixing it with supreme gas for the wife's Phazer. Thoughts on this?

Elypsis said:
Any issues with using Seafoam in motors that call for Supreme gas (ie. Phazers)?

Storage time is coming soon; I plan to get SeaFoam through my sleds as best I can. I use it fairly regularly in the Vector but am wondering about mixing it with supreme gas for the wife's Phazer. Thoughts on this?

No worries what so ever.

If you're planning on running high test/supreme to avoid ethanol, make sure the gas you choose is ethanol free.

Not all high test fuels are. Shell high test is as is Ultramar and Costco gas, but Petro Canada(Sunoco Gold) is not ethanol free.

Research it first as it's been a while since I checked.

I use sea foam and premium fuel with great results. Sea foam is a great product, I wait till it goes on sale and buy it by the case.

I use sea foam in every piece of gas equipment I have from ice augers, chainsaws, lawn equipment , out board motors and snowmobiles with great results good preventative maintenance. I am a technician and swear but it.

I also use it in all my motors, but I use it quite regularly and don't realy notice all the benifits. I am just assuming it is working because they are all running good. Hopefully I will notice the benifits next snowmobile season because I added the required amount to the oil in my rx1 and ran it for 30 miles as well as pour an ounce into the top of my cylinders to soak the rings before I changed the oil this year in hopes that it will help with the oil consumption. If not, oh well it was worth a try. At least it cleand something out because the oil sure was black.

Just filled the old Warrior with premium and dumped in a can of sea foam. Went for a 50 mile ride to work everything through. Now I'll just siphon out a 5 gal can full for the Garden tractor for the summer mowing season. Warrior ready for the summer sleep.

Tommorow I do the Apex. Lake and trails are hard like a rock but with a bit of fresh snow on top it was a real nice ride. Even got stuck in snow when i broke through the crust climbing a steep hill in the side yard. Snow is still over my knees!

Re: tank

yamadog1 said:
is it better to fill tank or take most out for summer?

I was always told, especially if not in a climate controlled garage, is to keep it filled to prevent condensation from developing in the upper portion of the tank from temperature changes. Just my $.02. I can not see the reason to treating the gas, and then siphoning out apprx. half a tank.

02ViperMody44 said:
yamadog1 said:

I was always told, especially if not in a climate controlled garage, is to keep it filled to prevent condensation from developing in the upper portion of the tank from temperature changes. Just my $.02. I can not see the reason to treating the gas, and then siphoning out apprx. half a tank.

X2 ;)!

Always keep it full and of course...premium

I've always syphoned my gas out, been doing it for years and years and never had a problem.

Was told years ago by a dealer who said he had no choice but to leave some sleds outside in the summer, and that being said, said you could actually hear the gas boiling inside the tanks.

Not sure if that means anything, but regardless, I believe in syphoning the majority out.

yamadog1 said:

My sleds sleep in the garage! I empty the tanks! Storing a sled outside is just wrong in my books and leads to so many problems. I cringe everytime I see one stored outside under a tarp. Better off to just leave it uncovered in the middle of a field.

I have stored them in my enclosed trailer with a tray of cat litter to absorb any moisture that might build up. Later I used a dehumidifier in both the garage and the trailer!

And as a P.S. when I stored them in my trailer the one year they had thier tanks near full.

02ViperMody44 said:
yamadog1 said:

A garage only needs to be insulated, realatively sealed and have a vapor barrier and it will keep everything inside protected from temp swings that build condensation and moisture inside your tank and motor. No moisture will build inside things if the temps stay constant. I even added a dehumidifier to control the humidity to a lower level as well. So no worry's!

I treated the gas (full tank) went for a 50 mile ride on the Warrior. Burning just over half. Leaving 3 to 4 gallons in tank. Times that by two sleds (I mentioned the Apex) and siphon about 2.5 gallons from each leaves about 1.5 gallons in each. I forgot to mention my snowblower which I treated with gas from the sled, ran it and now it will sleep till next winter in the garage. By running a few gallons of treated fuel through both sleds I both cleaned the motors and treated the fuel at the same time.

My post sounds like I siphon only from the Warrior but I do both. Now I have a can of treated with sea foam gas for my garden tractor to burn. I see no reason to leave it in the sleds all summer and as I do not know how much I will burn on my rides, I start with a full tank in each. What is left I siphon out most of. That way when winter comes again I fill the sleds with fresh fuel and hit the snow.

The treated gas in the can will sit in my garage for another month or two till its time to start mowing the lawn. Nice treated gas waiting for my tractor to burn. Just my $0.02 worth!

Sasquatch said:
yamadog1 said:

My sleds sleep in the garage! I empty the tanks! Storing a sled outside is just wrong in my books and leads to so many problems. I cringe everytime I see one stored outside under a tarp. Better off to just leave it uncovered in the middle of a field.

Some of us just don't have the space to be able to store them indoors or have a covered trailer. I put them on the trailer and take them to a rental semi-outdoor storage at a farm covered with either the sled cover or a tarp. Not the best but I make do with what I have.

Back