• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Coolant issues again!!!!

mcamzr

TY 4 Stroke Guru
I need som help here. Long story short I bought my sled new and when it was preped it must have been topped off with the wrong coolant and it ate through the rad. In June last year my yes covered the new rad and I flushed the coolant system with distilled water and added a mountain tech tounnel cooler. I have had no issues all season but parked the sled in the barn on April first. Just yesterday I went to move it for eoy maintaince and noticed a puddle of coolant under the oil side of the sled and a super slow drip. I opened the rad cap and it let pressure go as if I just shut the sled off and let out a few bubbles and the coolantevel settled about an inch down and the rad looks like here is sugar in it again. What is my best corse of action. Also I filled with yamacool

If you still have YES you should have your dealer figure it out. I'm surprised it still was pressurized after sitting that long.

good luck
Pete

Me too. It was covered the first time in June last summer and I have been checking it all summer and season and it's been fine until I parked it April first and then checked it April 15th

I wonder if all that pressure split something or leaked out a hose fitting?

The leak could be anything from a loose hose clamp to a pinhole in the heat exchanger. Just have to find it.

For the pressure, what I think is that it was colder when you put it away and then it warmed up and a little bit of pressure built up from expansion. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yesterday I dropped it off at the dealer, I have a 9 week old puppy that thinks everything tastes good so I wasn't about to fool with coolant. But I did take everything off the sled before I dropped it off and will take everyone's comments and look over the sled when inget it back so thank you very much. Also I did some thinking on the temp change creating the pressure but it spent most of the winter in a 60 degree barn with no issues. I'm thinking the pressure was gasses from the oxidation?? Could be wrong though.

Back