• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changing the slides on venture lite

wacnstac

Pro
What have you guys found as the best way to change the slides? Can they be pulled out the back though a hole I the track?

Remove the front screw, take a long flat screw driver or flat pry bar, pry the rear of the slide out the window, put the sled in reverse and slowly throttle them off... they will peel like a banana. You can spray silicone thru the window if you have narrow windows on the track.

Spray the new slides with silicone and slide them on as far as you can and use a 6"to 8" part of the old slide and a hammer to help finish pushing the new ones on.

wacnstac said:
So based on your suggestion, they will fit through the holes in the track?

Yes... if they are narrow windows ... you just need to lube them up to get them thru. When you put in the new ones... put the tip in sideways and then turn the slide to align with groove...then line up...and push them on... silicone spray is the saver ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'll bite. How do you get enough free slide material in the first place to run through the track to peel them off? Seems like I'll have to pull them out a bit to get enough material out there to peel off like the video shows.

from the back put a screw drive or pry bar through the window and between the rail and slide and pry slide down. this will start the slide through the window and rotate the track. now it will be sticking through and you can start sled and put in reverse to finish. remember to take bolt out of front first.

wacnstac said:
Ok, I'll bite. How do you get enough free slide material in the first place to run through the track to peel them off? Seems like I'll have to pull them out a bit to get enough material out there to peel off like the video shows.

As I stated... take a big flat screw driver thru the track window, force the flat blade between the slide and rail... then push down as you rotate the track and roll out the slide thru the window... starting it is the hard part but not that bad. ;)!

shagman said:
from the back put a screw drive or pry bar through the window and between the rail and slide and pry slide down. this will start the slide through the window and rotate the track. now it will be sticking through and you can start sled and put in reverse to finish. remember to take bolt out of front first.

LOL.. you beat me to it..

I just changed mine, but did it differently. I took a air hammer and a dull chisel bit and just hammered them out on the edge of the slider works great takes no time at all providing you have a air compressor and air hammer.

The reverse trick doesn't work too well in sub zero temps...the slides end up breaking apart.

Back