• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

can the new nytro seat fit an 05 vector

bluevector

Extreme
i was wondering if i can put the new nytro seat on my 05 vector. i want that higher seat for more comfert and better manuvering. :4STroke: :yam: :o|

I asked about that at the show because I was thinking the same thing for my wife's Vector. You will need a new seat, new tank cover, and new gas tank because the seat hooks on different, you will also need taller bars and longer cables and maybe a shorter windshield depending on clearance. Not a super easy change. That's what I was told we'll have to wait and see.

i knew about the tank cover, i already have tall bars and cabels , so really all i have to do is the caover and a little mod here and there. :Rockon: :Rockon: :4STroke:

I've been following the posts about changing the seats over and will hopefully have info by fall on what will all be needed to do this. At this point I think the key thing will be how the seat hooks on to the tank. This may be the part that makes it more of a modification than just bolting on new parts. Time will tell. Later this summer we should start to see the microfiche for the 06's.

I was just wondering if anyone found out more on this issue. I would be interested in making this swap also.....

well in order to get a new tank cover, wouldnt u have to get a new tank? ur probably better off gettin a boss seat...i never really noticed the difference between an 05 rs seat, vs the nytro seat

pimped

pimped have you sat on a nytro yet. It is a lot different in just height alone and seating position. The 06 seating is much better, it would be nice to not have anymore sore knees with the new seat.

yeah i sat on the nytro seat, but i guess i only had an apex rtx to compare to. i guess most of the time i stand up-or atleast try to. i never had sore knees to begin with on my 05 seat

Back