• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boost / Fuel Octane Figures

Jack_Shaft

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I have been reading, searching and compiling a list of fuel octane levels that you guys have been running with your turbo RX-1 applications and I have come up with the following boost/octane recommendations for sea level use:

8-10psi - 91-94 Octane Pump
12-14psi - 100LL Fuel
15psi+ - C12 Fuel

(for a stock RX-1 engine with 2 headgaskets)

Would any of you disagree with these recommendations? If you have run with either of the above set-ups for an extended period with good results, please post up support.

I would like to keep other new turbo guys from burning down and the more info we have, the better.

MODS, can I get a sticky? :rocks:

-JS

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THE SAFE RUNNING RANGE ALSO BUT WHAT I HAVE READ ELEVATION HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH BOOST.

I'm not worried about elevation... I run at sea level (but I do still have the formulas handy to compensate).

I'm just looking for real world figures.

-JS

Parker motor sports has a nock sensor that you can run on your sled and it will tell you when you have detination. If you have any questions call Blair at (604) 853 1979.

Several of my riding buds and myself run a 50/50 fuel blend of super unleaded (92 octane out here in the west) and 110 race fuel. We ride from 3000ft - 9000ft in elevation (with 6000-7000ft being more the norm) and haven't had any problems. (thousands of miles logged using this blend on stock motor, other than turbo, with no additional head gaskets)

I was told by the previous owner of my turbo the run half premium and half AV (100LL) when on high boost. He also said the add octane booster to the mix. I have heard that octane booster is a joke. What is the concensus on this site?

Lance

Blue Shadow

The knock sensor production unit is near complettion and should be around 300.00 maybe 350 if I hit any cost overuns. I ran the proto unit all last year to develop the firmwear filtering.

My web site should be up in a week or so.

Thanks
Blair

Whats the general concensus on Torco Leaded Concentrate Fuel additive? I am looking at running this stuff since it is easier to haul qts rather than gallons of race fuel to mix with Premium. They claim 1 qt to 10 gals of 91 Octane gives you 102 octane leaded race fuel and, same amount to 5 gals nets you 105 octane leaded race fuel. They claim it is just as reliable as mixing race gas and pump. Has anyone on here tried this stuff or heard of anyone using it?

Thanks,

Jim

I tried the 1-pint to 5-gal and it seemed to be okay. I haven't used a lot of it though and it does figure out to be cheaper than a 50/50 mix of 91/110 octane fuel. Torco gave Bender a case to try. I was going to wait and see after they tested it to really dive in whole heartedly. Like you I felt it was alot easier to pack the Torco rather than 50 gallons of 91/110 gas when you go on an extended trip.

Back