• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding my Apex

144 1.325" Mack studs down the middle in a 4 - 2 pattern and Bergstrom tripple point carbides on the skis

hey vice do you have a template for that pattern you are going with and if so where did you get it. I want to do the same package but dont have a template yet.

i want to go with the woodys 144, my question is does woodys make a template for the double backers in the 15" track or do i go 48 doubles and 48 singles? also with the woodys dual runners the charts are for rx-1 skis are the apex skis the same? and should i go with the 8"? coming from a cat to a yamaha....and still waiting on my gt....thanks in advance

mack7 said:
hey vice do you have a template for that pattern you are going with and if so where did you get it. I want to do the same package but dont have a template yet.

I have the "extreme max" template. I used it as a guideline to help make my own pattern that has more scratch lines.

I used 1.325 Woodys Gold Digger's with the 144 pattern on my Rage for 2005(total 162 studs), two inside every row, and two outside every other row. The sled hooked up very well, and i did not pull through any studs after 2500 UP trail miles.

For 2006 i am going to stud an Attak, but i think i am going to stay inside the track. Woodys says for aggressive trail riding they recommend 198 studs. I am thinking of two doubles in one row and a single and double in the next row, this should total 189. Again i will use 1.325 Woodys Gold diggers.

Any thoughts?

I don't mean to threadjack, but......
A friend of mine seems to think I can run 192 1.5's on my RTX. What's the worst damage that will happen? Can the sled be modified a little to clear the 1.5's?

1CS

1.5 is to big for trail riding. Run a search on this site and you will find that the vast majority of RX1 users liked 1.325.

Back