• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Temp Gauge

SnowBandit

Expert
Website
www.slednewengland.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro xtx
Anyone going to run a temp gauge on your Attak?

If so where are you planning on cutting it in. This is totally different then the viper.. Two over fill bottles... :? Whats the small house for that comes out the front side of the thermostat house? Can you tap in there for coolant temp sendor?

SnowBandit said:
Anyone going to run a temp gauge on your Attak?

If so where are you planning on cutting it in. This is totally different then the viper.. Two over fill bottles... :? Whats the small house for that comes out the front side of the thermostat house? Can you tap in there for coolant temp sendor?

I am planning on running one on my GT.

Haven't gotten it yet... :o|

Hopefully someone will install and provide pictures and instructions.

-J

I will be running one myself, but haven't looked into it yet. I like the digital ones that Ulmer Racing has.

This compact size digital gauge clearly indicates actual water temperature. Switchable from Fahrenheit to Celsius, and has blue backlighting. Velcro mounting makes instant installation on any flat surface a snap. Includes clock feature & charges internal battery from the sled.
A custom sending unit adaptor is also available. This is an anodized billet Tee that allows you to tap into any coolant line. Includes clamps.

Here is the digital guage we offer from Mountain Performance. It's easy and simple to install especially when bought with the billet "T" to go into the coolant line!

digital_water_tempsmall.jpg

water-temp-sending-adapters.jpg

Guage (no billet "T") = $120
Guage with billet "T" = $160

Edit: When hooked into the snowmobiles wiring, the guage automatically switches from the clock to the water temp when the sled is started and switches back to the clock when the snowmobile is turned off.

Here is the digital guage we offer from Mountain Performance. It's easy and simple to install especially when bought with the billet "T" to go into the coolant line!

So here's the stupid question of the day :? ....what are the dimensions of the gauge? I'm VERY interested in purchasing the unit if I can find a nice looking spot on my Attak to mount it....

Snomonut, the rough dimensions are 3" wide by 1-1/2" tall by 5/8" thick.

Snomonut, just making sure you saw I edit my above post with the dimensions.

Any way to just have the guage come one when the sled starts... I would like not to have the drain of the clock on the battery all the time...

SnowBandit, the guage has it's on internal battery and only charges or pulls juice off the sleds electrical system when the motor is running and the sled battery is charging as well. I will check into a group buy.

How bright is the blue backlighting? I had a guage once that you could barely see. Also, how readable is this guage at higher speeds? I had a digital exhaust gauge that was anoying because it kept moving around alot. I have the Westach gauge now on my SXR and am thinking about putting it on my Apex. Any ideas how to do that? I know the RX1's had a pod that wrapped around the cluster but I can't find one for the Apex yet.

1CS

Back