• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski Doo Pilot 6.9 Skis-Look Good-will they work ?

Slush Monster

Expert
Hi guys.... Have any of you guys looked at the new ski doo pilot 6.9 skis yet? They look like they will work very well. Has any one considered putting them on the Apex\Attak? I like the idea of the outside runner a little higher than the center for lighter steering. Also nice and wide. They look like they will be worth giving a try. Anyone know how hard it will be to adapt them to the yamaha? Let me know. Thanks

hey there...we just added the new pilots to my buds GT today..very easy,just take one of the bushings(Inner) that comes with the pilot ski,and pop it in the opposite direction....this will give the proper(3") spacing between bushings,so the spindle will fit perfect...we chose to turn the INNER bushing around so you dont see the GOLD color on outside of ski...use the DOO bolt which comes in kit with pinch nut,no need for cotter pins then.

All you need is ski(2) carbides,hoop,rubber...I believe these are 5.7inch wide??....you may be thinking of a wider version for mtn sleds?

we got the ski(2) and the mount kit(2),which came in a bag with 2 carbides,2 different rubber mounts(1 for REV and one for Yamaha worked perfect) also in bag was rivets for hoops,but those rivets are a pain in #*$&@ so dealer used a press for rivets to put hoops on for us....

we swapped the NEW GT skis/carbides for the entire setup for pilots for $75 bucks!....what a great upgrade for cheap!..

Dan

machzed said:
hey there...we just added the new pilots to my buds GT today..very easy,just take one of the bushings(Inner) that comes with the pilot ski,and pop it in the opposite direction....this will give the proper(3") spacing between bushings,so the spindle will fit perfect...we chose to turn the INNER bushing around so you dont see the GOLD color on outside of ski...use the DOO bolt which comes in kit with pinch nut,no need for cotter pins then.

All you need is ski(2) carbides,hoop,rubber...I believe these are 5.7inch wide??....you may be thinking of a wider version for mtn sleds?

we got the ski(2) and the mount kit(2),which came in a bag with 2 carbides,2 different rubber mounts(1 for REV and one for Yamaha worked perfect) also in bag was rivets for hoops,but those rivets are a pain in #*$&@ so dealer used a press for rivets to put hoops on for us....

we swapped the NEW GT skis/carbides for the entire setup for pilots for $75 bucks!....what a great upgrade for cheap!..

Dan

Hey that sounds cool. Where were you able to swap the yamaha skis for the skidoo setup? I have some miles on my stock skis so I will more than likely have to buy the skidoo setup outright. Any idea on the price for the doo setup without a swap? Any words on how they worked out yet? Stock skis dart some

Yah most likely you will have to buy the new ones outright if you used your sled already...my bud had zero miles on his GT when we did it yesterday...Our dealer is a DOO/Yam dealer....Dont georges on WNY....he was even gonna do it prior to delivery for us for same price...but he couldnt get the black doo skis in time so we took GT home with stockers and did it ourselves..

you could call any DOO dealer for the costs...but i would assume its gonna cost ya doing it that way..im sure its still cheaper then most aftermarkets.

Be sure to get bottoms,hoops,and mount KIT,which has carbides/rubbers/rivets and bolts.

the dealer actually recommended this swap for the gt....I also read several articles from last spring when magazines tested the pilots...no darting and very precise,better all around the the precision skis which were the pilots predocessor.

dan

I’ll be keeping an eye on those new pilot skis. I tried the new 06 Renagade 1000 with them, but conditions were to poor to really test them. Seem to bolt in the same as the precisions did.

Dan

Dano said:
I’ll be keeping an eye on those new pilot skis. I tried the new 06 Renagade 1000 with them, but conditions were to poor to really test them. Seem to bolt in the same as the precisions did.

Dan

dano..you getting snow tonight eh?..im watching it on muskoka radar site ..LOL>..hope you guys get pounded so trails can start to get rolled..

i might be up again 17th...wont be sledding till xmas though..bummer

dan

machzed said:
dano..you getting snow tonight eh?..im watching it on muskoka radar site ..LOL>..hope you guys get pounded so trails can start to get rolled..

i might be up again 17th...wont be sledding till xmas though..bummer

dan

Yep...snowing as we speak. If we get a good dump, I’ll email you a few pics for a tease. 8)

Dan

Back