• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how many studs?

deweysgt

Extreme
Haven't studded my GT yet, any suggestions on how many and what kind are working well?
I've herd that there may be a problem with the backing plates damaging the all plastic wheels. Is this true?

i went with 144 woody's megabites with alum. backers 1.325 leangth.
i did not put any studs in the very center of the track.
i made sure each and every stud was tightened until the stud shoulder
bottomed out on the backer !!
all studs are below flush on the track
i run a slightly loose track and so far everything looks great
i have not been able to hammer it on hard pack so i cant really say if i can hook it up (this is not a drag race studding !! )
this should work fine for agresive trial riding,,,if not the pattern i used allows me to add studs.

144-196 works great

No its not the studs damaging the wheels! its a bad batch of wheels.. from the supplier for yamaha!

Did you stud the outside belt? Got any pics of your track? I would like to see what it looks like. I have 96 in the center belt, but their is not one that is dead center, but close. I have not had a chance to run it yet, to see what it will do.

If you want to avoid problems with studs rubbing on the shock I'd recommend stay away from Woody's pattern. Run Firecat StudBoy pattern for 170 studs, on 121" you will end up runnin 160 studs.. It's a 4-2-4-4-2-4 pattern works super on our sleds and will never come in contact with your shock. PM for questions....

Rotax! said:
Did you stud the outside belt? Got any pics of your track? I would like to see what it looks like. I have 96 in the center belt, but their is not one that is dead center, but close. I have not had a chance to run it yet, to see what it will do.

Here is a pic of my Rx1-04 with 108 all in center but none in deadcenter
and i´m very happy with the hook-up. Pattern is my own: 2-2-2-3 wich
make a for a 5 + 5 = 10 scratch-lines!! :Rockon:

SMEDEN

Attachments

• rx1_dubb_108st.JPG
    rx1_dubb_108st.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 321
Thanks, But I want a picture of the 06 because of the mono issues.

He'll lose on the top end with that many. If it was me, I would take out half of the megabytes and switch for chisels. It would help out alot on the ice. Just stud the center unless you are looking for hole shot, then add to the outside belt. I guess it all depends would he is trying to achieve.

FXR F7 said:
we threw 144 Woody's Mega Bite 1.375's with 7 degree angled backers in his new APEX the other day. He's thinking of going with 196 ...conditions haven't been the greatest to test
http://2koolperformance.ca/forum/index. ... 1550&st=15

He'll definitely be rubbing the shock away with that setup. 7° backers combined with studding the center is not a good idea on a monoshock skid.

I'm running a similar 144 patter, including the center area, but have standard double backers. My studs still clink and clank on the shock a little, but don't seem to be wearing through it (yet - 1000 kms so far).

I ran 120 1.375 Woody stainless, great hook up, some little push but I think I can tweek it out with ski shims, transfer & preload in the front.

I am installing 144 Woodys Gold Digger 1.450" up the center belt using the 4-2 woody double digger pattern.
If the shock contact is excessive I will fab a protector for it.

I just don't get it!!! Why would Woody's suggest to run the studs so close together in the middle (especially first row on the template) when for years they preached the track has it's weakest point and deflects the most in middle (2" center strip). Why would even take a chance running it so close to your shock eye on the Apex ?? :o|

Back