• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Part numbers/pricing/info for Mono-Suspension Option Springs

Port-Parts

TY Advertiser
Website
www.portyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro RTX
2018 Sidewinder BTX SE
Here is a complete breakdown of the optional rear suspension springs being offered for any mono-shock equipped Yamaha sled. The Attak/Rage and Apex ER/RTX and Vector ER/GT models all come with a Kayaba rear shock stock. The Apex GT/Attak GT come with the Electronic Ohlins rear shock.

The springs/part numbers offered for the Kayaba shock are as follows.

8FU-47489-00-00 SPRING 1 (4.5Kg) Stock on Apex ER/RTX and Vector ER/GT
8FU-47489-10-00 SPRING 1 (6.5Kg) Spring in Accessory Catalog for Apex ER/RTX - Retails for $99.95
8FU-47489-20-00 SPRING 1 (3.0Kg) Optional softer than stock spring Retail roughly $200
8FU-47489-30-00 SPRING 1 (8.0Kg) Optional extremely heavy spring Retail roughly $200
8FT-47489-00-00 SPRING 1 (5.0Kg) Stock on Attak/Rage
8FT-47489-10-00 SPRING 1 (7.0Kg) Spring in Accessory Catalog for Attak -Retails for $99.95

Here are the available springs/part numbers for the electronic shock found in the Apex GT/Attak GT.

Stock Spring Rate
4.9 Apex GT 06/07 (Ohlins #696-08)
6.1 Attak GT 07 (Ohlins #696-14)
GYT-8GD47-00-00 Rate-5.5 Retails for $99.95 (Ohlins #696-11)
GYT-8GD47-14-00 Rate-6.1 Retails for $99.95 (Ohlins #696-14)
GYT-8GD47-16-00 Rate-6.5 Retails for $99.95 (Ohlins #696-16)
GYT-8GD47-10-00 Rate-7.1 Retails for $99.95 (Ohlins #696-19)

Note: The higher the rate the stiffer the spring. In general we have had very good results with riders looking for less bottoming but keeping good ride quality with the springs Yamaha has listed in the accessory catalogs for each model however if you have extreme circumstances you might want to look at the other offered springs. We offer discounted pricing on all these springs feel free to give me a call if you have any questions. Thanks

Update for Apex GT owners.

We now carry a 6.1Kg and a 6.5Kg Ohlins spring for the electronic Ohlins shock in the Apex GT models.

We currently have those sizes and the 5.5 and 7.1 springs in stock.

Sure will as long as it is the 6.5 Kayaba spring - the 6.5 Ohlins spring will only work on the Apex GT and 07 Attak GT models with the Electronic Ohlins. Any of the Kayaba springs can be run on the Kayaba shocks.

Coldone - They really don't rate the spring to rider weight only it really depends more upon rider style, aggressiveness, and weight all combined to pick the right set-up. I have seen 160lb agressive riders go from the 5.0 stock to the 7.0 and love it whereas some customers 250lb are happy with the stock set-up. Give me a call or list your current feelings on your set-up and hopefullly I can recommend a spring that would work best for you.

COLDONE said:
What weight is the 6.5 Kayaba spring rated at?

THANKS!

BR

Ok guys....2008 Apex LTX-GT. I go about 235lbs NO GEAR. Probably need to add 15-20 LBS fully geared including saddle bags. So 250+ Lbs geared out.

We ride alot of smooth trails with 10% junk.

I "think" my stock spring is the 6.1kg but not entirley sure. If not what spring is STOCK with my sled and where should I go?

Assuming stock is 6.1, do I go to 6.5 or 7.1?

rxwonder - have you riden the sled at all yet and have you tried adjusting the sag to the 40-45 mm setting on the sled with the stock spring yet? If you can get that sag reading with the stock spring I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the ride calibration of the Ohlins Mono 136"skid. I think most riders will find the spring and valving combination on the Ohlins 136 Mono set-ups calibrated very well for riders up to 250lbs. If you have riden it and feel it bottoming excessively on the big rollers or you can't get the sag reading with the stock spring I would recommend moving up to the 7.1kg spring. Call me or post back if you have more questions on the sag adjustments or calibration of that set-up.

Port-Parts said:
rxwonder - have you riden the sled at all yet and have you tried adjusting the sag to the 40-45 mm setting on the sled with the stock spring yet? If you can get that sag reading with the stock spring I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the ride calibration of the Ohlins Mono 136"skid. I think most riders will find the spring and valving combination on the Ohlins 136 Mono set-ups calibrated very well for riders up to 250lbs. If you have riden it and feel it bottoming excessively on the big rollers or you can't get the sag reading with the stock spring I would recommend moving up to the 7.1kg spring. Call me or post back if you have more questions on the sag adjustments or calibration of that set-up.

Nope haven't ridden yet at all. I'll give it a try with the sag first and let you know. Is the next step for spring options a 7.1?

Port-Parts said:
Sure will as long as it is the 6.5 Kayaba spring - the 6.5 Ohlins spring will only work on the Apex GT and 07 Attak GT models with the Electronic Ohlins. Any of the Kayaba springs can be run on the Kayaba shocks.

Is there a physical reason that they are not interchangeable?

thanks, found out the hard way. picked one up on ebay but at least i was the only one bidding and got it for $0.99. Shipping was quite a bit more though! oh well, someone may need one at some point.

Now I'm nervous...

You guys are talking about 250lbs needing the big boy spring...I just bought a 2007 APEX GT and was told my weight, 400lbs, wouldn't be a problem for this sled.

Am I in trouble?

Back