• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

calculator for hp with altitude, octane, c/r, and boost

Thanks for the effort. :Rockon: Puts an end to the bullshit sessions on how much hp everyone supposedly makes! :ORC

Disclaimer: These are theoretic horsepower and octane numbers. Every application is different. It does not account for thermal issues related to boost, turbo size, or ignition timing and how they effect octane requirements. Be conservative and add a couple octane points to the figures shown.

Re: calculator update

slacker said:
The file in the first post has been updated to calculate compression ratios with various head gasket/piston combo's.

You got a sticky too! Congratulations Only the really good posts gets a sticky! ;)! ;)!

Re: calculator update

Sled Dog said:
slacker said:
The file in the first post has been updated to calculate compression ratios with various head gasket/piston combo's.

You got a sticky too! Congratulations Only the really good posts gets a sticky! ;)! ;)!

Hey I was the one that asked Tom to make it a sticky do I get a brownie buton or something? :bling

FastAction said:
is there an microsoft xls plugin so I can view it. I don`t have or need excel.

View it???

You need to plug in your numbers for it to work for yours or others' situations, so yes, yo do need Excel if you want to use this program.

If you want to use a free program to manipulate it, you can go to www.openoffice.org and download Open Office Suite - it's very much like a certain Microsoft suite out there, but it's free. It has a program that is very similar to Excel and is fully compatible with the .xls format.

Hope you have high-speed, it's a big D/L.

I threw in a couple more updates to the calculator. It now does dynamic compression calculation that incorporates cam timing changes. It also has a calculator to determine cam timing changes in relation to head gasket thickness.

Right on man one question could you lock up the cells that we should not be using anyway and just leave the ones we need to plug data into open so we dont screw up our copy. Thanks

Back