• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LH throttle test

apexnfever

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
I will be ordering all three LH throttles that have been brought up, snobunje, goldfinger, powermadd.

My dealer who has over 40 years in this industery, and one who I would say is the best in fine tuning sleds, will be willing to take a look at all three, and will let me know which one is the best, based on his opinion.

He beleives any device added to a sled, you should never take away the saftey fetures, so depending on all three and how well they will work and still give me safety fetures my sled has, I will then keep ya posted.

My feeling is he will like the one from powermadd, as this one I do like, due to the fact it does not tie into the RH hand throttle.

We will see what he has to say. :4STroke: :yam:

slymax said:
It will have to hook to the RH throttle, or else the safety switch will not work.

true that. disconnect tors and safety isn't as good. add tether switch to solve that. i just like the clean look of the powermadd, plus with turbo it seems most guys are disoconnecting tors anyways. worked well for me today. just make sure you cut your throttle cable long enough. cut mine a little short and there wasn't enough adjustment on the adjustors, had it maxed out and sleds idles high, wanting to go.lol noob

Slymax, are you saying that the powermadd will not allow the safety switch in the rh throttle to work properlly?

Tell me why the powermadd that does not connect to the rh throttle lever is not good.

I thinking that the box the two cables from the left and right throttle lever going to a box that pulls on the main throttle cable looks good, but again someone who has one would know better than I.

apexnub, you have the tors switch in the lh throttle that enables tors to work. when you have powermadd, the righty works alone, thus opening up the carbs which sends a signal that something is wrong and tors kicks in because the lefty with the switch is not being activated. that's why you have to bypass tors for powermadd. the other lefty kits hook directly onto lh throttle, thus when you use the righty, it opens the lefty which tells tors nothing is wrong. it's a judgement call, if you like the safety feature of tors, i prob would not recommend the powermadd. if you don't mind unhooking tors and adding tether, i would strongly recommend it. noob

Just got the LH from snobunje, and I really do like the set up, red handle matches my sled, and I do like the angle and location of the LH on the bar.

Has anyone had to grind down the tabs on the bottom of the RH trottle lever that holds the wire for the thumb warmer on the throttle lever, as this must be grinded down to attach the rod with string?

Anyway I will be installing it, and let ya all know what happens, if ya dont hear back from me, that either means I went off a mountain, or I did not want to come home, because I am having to much fun with my LH throttle.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH man, to everyone who reads this, I am telling you now, if you dont have LH throttle then I am telling you now you need to get it.

Not only does it help you in riding, but to me its a great safty thing to have, so many times just today if I hadnt had the LH installed I would of been in trouble.

I put myself in areas that only if I had LH throttle could get me out.

I was going down some of the most steep powder, that when I carve to the right and go back up the hill it took more work from me to do so, but going to the left and go back up, either due to the momentum of the motor helping me, but the apex cuts to the left better than the right.

If I did not equal myself out back over to the RH side of the sled after cutting to the left to go back up the hill the sled would keep turning to the left and go right down the hill.

I will close by saying this, the snobunje hooked up good, great LH throttle, powermadd, I did not like, and neither did my dealer.

The gold finger I feel would work just as good, but the snobunje matched my sled, and the handle works good for me, and the way I ride.

It did not take me long to get the feel of it, I found it very easy to switch back and forth from right to left throttle, as I was climbing, and my sled would drift to the right I would switch to my left hand, and then switch back very easy, over time it will get even better in my mind, and where everything is.

LH throttle has opened a whole new world of sledding for me, and I am very glad I installed it on my sled.

Did you also instal the throttle flare for the right hand throttle? I have the lefty's dtc but the wife's RMK has the snobunje with the flare added to the right throttle. Both are nice setups. The lefty's has a nice factory look but doesn't have the safety feature of the quick disconnect. This is one reason why nobody without experience will ride my sled. I feel 220+ HP and a left hand throttle that doesn't disconnect are just too much of a liability for me to chance a rookie rider to jump on my sled.

Here are some pics of the lefty's dtc on my RX-1 mtn.

Jim

Attachments

• t_rx-1_pics_028.jpg
    t_rx-1_pics_028.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 114
  • t_rx-1_pics_027.jpg
    t_rx-1_pics_027.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 110
  • RX-1 pics.jpg
    RX-1 pics.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 110
The snobunje does have the quick disconnect on the RH side, you pull the red lever back on the extension rod, and the cable comes off.

Once I unload the sled, I connect the cable, once I get back to the trailer, I disconnect the cable.

I do like your factory looking LH lever, but the snobunje for me gives me a quick switch over, when I switch from left to right throttle, as I am bondocking.

I dont want to have to feel like I am always missing my LH throttle, if I need it quick I want it to be easy to get on the throttle on the LH side quick, and the handle on the LH side of the snobunje gives me just that.

Yeah it's preference deal. I have wide hands and find about 3/4" of my left hand sticking out beyond the grip with the Snobunje system on the wife's. I definately like the disconnect feature of it though. If you don't get pictures up by Saturday of your snobunje, I'll pull the cover of the wife's sled and snap some pics for these guys.

Jim

Back