• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

C&A Pro Razors - Setup

Reaper

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper XTX. COTC, Hygear 141 pro link.
Just put a set of C&A Pro Razors on my Apex GT with Studboy Shaper bars with 6" of carbide and no studs. The sled is like driving a Mac truck now and is very tiring long distance ! I heard a lot of good things about these skis, have I missed something ? Should I lower my limiter straps ?

Reaper said:
Just put a set of C&A Pro Razors on my Apex GT with Studboy Shaper bars with 6" of carbide and no studs. The sled is like driving a Mac truck now and is very tiring long distance ! I heard a lot of good things about these skis, have I missed something ? Should I lower my limiter straps ?

sell them and get something else! c&a's just plain take a lot of effort to steer. it your limiters are all the way loose than thats about all you can do with that. im still trying to find something that turns good, but doesnt have excessive effort. im leaning towards simmons and pilots are in the #2 spot.

You don't need as much ski pressure with the razors. But you need to properly set it up using your limiter straps and shocks. When you get it dialed in, you'll love it.

The only setting I changed was the shock to stiff, and the transfer to just under max.

Reaper said:
Just put a set of C&A Pro Razors on my Apex GT Should I lower my limiter straps ?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

* 1st go back and SHIM THOSE SKIS......1/8 to 1/4

* 2nd measure your skis to the track with a straight edge with the bars straight to be sure they are Parallel to each other, then set the toe out 1/8

* 3rd Lift the front end up and loosen of the front springs 1 to 1 1/2 turns

*4th Weight transfer....more onto the track 1/8 befor Max

* 5th now test ride that puppy, The Front Limiter Strap IS THE VERY VERY LAST THING YOU WANT TO TOUCH. Yamaha Canada is saying to stay away from adjusting that strap at any cost, as well as Yamaha School is saying the samething. From a tech stand point you shouldn't have to adjust the track suspension to get the skis to work properly.

If you need a hand give me a shout, be glad to help you set it up. Here is a set up I did on my own ATTAK with C&A Razors.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Is shimming going to lighten the steering effort ?

In noticed in your link to the C&A ski setup that your rubber block is different than mine. The Ski's came with a Yamaha mounting kit and the blocks do not have the boss on the bottom like yours do ??

Attachments

• t_dsc00011_774.jpg
    t_dsc00011_774.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 294
Reaper said:
Is shimming going to lighten the steering effort ?

In noticed in your link to the C&A ski setup that your rubber block is different than mine. The Ski's came with a Yamaha mounting kit and the blocks do not have the boss on the bottom like yours do ??

Will shimming lighten up the front end ABSOLUTELY

No that pic that You just posted, is just for showing a reference to a other style block commonly used. Go back into the picture of mine showing where I made a YELLOW MARK ON THAT BLOCK, that is the same block that you will use. The block that was under your stock skis.....that's it. Everyone who has drove my sled says it corners and handles super sweet, mine almost feels like POWER STEERING ...ALMOST :D

No problems here.............

Reaper, you need more Wheaties! Just kidding!

NOS-PRO said:
No problems here.............

Reaper, you need more Wheaties! Just kidding!

I was waiting for someone to say that :die

Well, we rode on real sticky snow and I was missing my stock ski's, they were very groovy in the trails but over all I like the stock better.

P.S. C&A Razor ski's for sale (black)

The C&A Pro skis and the Razors are different style skis. I would think by the design of the Razors that they would take a lot more effort to turn. They have the outboard keels.

Back