• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SC4 into an appex? can it be done?

SC10 III install on the RX1 is easy. SC10 is a better ALL AROUND skid than the Mono....................in my opinion ridden back to back.

Attachments

• Nytro.jpg
    Nytro.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Nytro side.jpg
    Nytro side.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 291
that would be like saying the M-10 is better..

Its a matter of opinion..

Just get a stiffer spring.. only cost you $100 and easy install

Top speed s the same (118 Radar) ride and esp HANDLING are 10X better than the 03 pro action. I run the track WAY loose with NO rachet with the SC10III

DaveRX1 said:
SC10 III install on the RX1 is easy. SC10 is a better ALL AROUND skid than the Mono....................in my opinion ridden back to back.

I'd say that's more a function of the calibration, which can be changed. The mono is a better skid, designwise.

DaveRX1 said:
First of all,you are comparing a long track to a shortie,and i can tell you for first hand exsperiance they act completely different. The short track apex will take hits better than the 136 attak with the same set up,i would keep your attak and have the shock revalved and if needed add a larger spring..

I understand the loyalty to the brand and obviously, most peoples problem with the yamaha skid is setup. BUT I have had mustard buckets before i got my beloved One Ton, and the RX1 Skid, even being well setup and with Ohlins on it, stinks, big time. My last sled was a 03 MXZx 440 (yes the 440 race sled, low comp. heads, big fuel cell, ect.) and that SC III skid worked 10 fold better even with super stiff valving and springs but the front end was VERY weak. Replacing the front bulkhead repeatedly gets old. I even replace the entire chassis once, it bend so bad. If the mustard bucket skid will go up there that easy, I will likely be looking for one. Probably could almost pay for it by selling the Ohilns in the old skid, lol.

I know this is in the wrong forum but I have an SC lll coming for my SRX7. Every thing I've heard[ including this thread] I shouldn't be disappointed. Install might be tricky but I'm getting all the measurements w/it.

MightyRTX said:
DANX123 said:
has anyone ever installed a sc4 skidoo skid into a apex? can it be done? how difficult?
Better question; Why?
Well said Mighty; That's a complete waste of time. Re-valve and re-spring. Unless you are sno-x your sled their should be no reason to do this.

Back