• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What oil to run in the Apex

Know the feeling LOL

I use the stock semi syn to 2000 miles (with of course the oild and filter change) Then switch to Mobil 1

Reason is it is best to break in the engine not with full synthetic
Some may tell you the motor is broken in at 400 miles others may claim 2000 miles

and I figure if you have the very rare engine problem, might be less argument for coverage if you use Yami oil

Nothing!!!! These 4 strokes are as reliable as sled motors can get!!

Still, prolly 1 out of 2000 or so is going to have some random flaw, that is just how it goes.

I just picked up oil & filter today. is there a detailed thread on changing the oil? I saw one a while back but it was only showing how to get to the filter, which i allready know about that. Is there 2 drain plugs to take out.? i heard to drain sump also, is that seperate drain?

please post the links, i cannot find them in the search.

i just bought mobil1 0w30 fully synthetic for 5.99 a qrt.........yamalube ow30 was 8.00 a qrt...................im not wasting money ;)!

snappy said:
why waste your money on synthetic?

Because you can go more miles on a oil change and you have more protection because the syn oil doesnt break down as rapidly!

I am using 5W20 Mobile 1 in my apex gt..

MightyRTX said:
ZR800EFI said:
I'm running the Amsoil 4-stroke synthetic.
Me too, great stuff ;)!

I've seen you 'ditto' my post before for someone's chaincase oil question! :Rockon:

It's obviously my first time running it in a 4-stroke, but I've run Amsoil in my last few Cats with zero issues.

Back