• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 Rage updates??

snoway

Lifetime Member
Website
www.vrbo.com
Need to be educated before approaching my dealer with ? about any factory fixs/updates needed on an 05 Rage.
the sled has no miles on it.
I want to know which problems are a mandatory fix and if any are at the dealers disgretion.
I know about the clutch rattle and mine is loud.
Also see talk of other issues like jackshaft bearings, idler wheels, cdi...etc.
help me out because I ?'ed the dealer about updates, when picking up the sled and he tried to make it sound as if some of the sleds had been fixed before leaving Yamaha....so are there certain serial #'s with more problems than others??
any facts will help. THANKS

well if ur uncertain bout ur dealer then get the identification number of the sled and call up another dealer...and ask them bout the updates. my dealer has always called me when my sled had a fix or an update

I dont have a rage but a vector, and i just got my manufactuer updates done. You need to get the clutch thing but also the computer...in the very front nose of your sled needs to be replaced with the new one....also there might be a new update for the RS models for the hand warmers.

i know the cdi's on some rs sleds were good...mine was fine but my moms 05 vector needs to be replaced since it was called back for warrantee

what determines if you need a new computer??/serial no.??
is there a forum on this site that lists this stuff??

yeah im not sure what the number is called...it might be a vin number...or a serial number, but i do know that only certain sleds had bad cdi boxes...not sure why and im not familiar with any list that tells us the models that were affected.

Bill Bo's Beauty said:
I dont have a rage but a vector, and i just got my manufactuer updates done. You need to get the clutch thing but also the computer...in the very front nose of your sled needs to be replaced with the new one....also there might be a new update for the RS models for the hand warmers.

No update for the handwarmers. Only warmer issue is on the straight bars with aluminum hooks.

Clutch rattle, possibly jackshaft (something about weak castings) and CDI box. My sleds needed all three. The dealer said they check it by serial number. All three are factory updates.

called my dealer today.
said he could only find info on the clutch rattle and cdi.
said code 84 will flash on the speedo if the cdi needs to be sh.t canned.
asked about the jackshaft, was told he couldn't find a tech bullitin on it.
did any of you guys have bearings go out on your 05 06 Rages'?
bearings are bearings....I've had them go out on my Viper but that was after 9000 miles.

The jackshaft recall was due to a small batch of shafts being machined to a slightly smaller (We're talking thousanths of a millimeter) diameter than specs called for resulting in a few failures. I found out about this late last fall and did not have time to get mine to the dealer. I rode another 3,000 miles with the old shaft for a total of 6,000 miles with no problem.

I did not have a TORS issue with mine (Code 84) but mine was also on the recall list. You do not necessarily to expirience the problem to need the update.

I've had the clutch done twice so far and I'm still not happy with the amount of noise it makes.

The recalls and updates are out there your dealer just needs to punch your VIN # into the computer to find out what updates you need... If he is having difficulty with this I would find another dealer.

Back