• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding my New RTX

Blue Oval

Expert
Website
snyderpools.com
I'm still awaiting my 07 RTX to come in and the first thing I'll be doing after some long stares is to stud it. I'm buying Mack studs, 1.450 length. What are you guys running for stud count and patterns? The rep from Mack said 144 in a non repeating pattern. A buddy who has an 06 says 168 - 192! Should I stud only up the middle or all over. I'm sure this topic is covered all over this site but I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks :Rockon:

144 is all you will need. I also suggest studding up the middle only. The ripsaw is too flimsy on the outside IMHO.

Careful on your length. Could cause tunnel problems. I use Woodys 1.325", it will provide you with the traction you need..
My $.02 worth

Tried to order tunnel protectors for my 07 RTX. Dealer told me he thought the alum. braces would be protection enough. Studding 144 down the middle, 1.325. Thanks for the help. D

144 Woodys SS down the middle. 1.45" on my '06 GT. Just some scrapes on the exhaust shield at the back...not a mark in the tunnel.

I was at the Northeast Snow Show this weekend and talked to the Woody's rep. about studding my 06 RTX.

144 in the middle with doubles and singles (staying off the very center to avoid the shock eye).

Since the track has a 1" lug, he recomended the 1.325 stud, said the sled already has braces so no extra protection is needed.

With studs this long, he said gotta use the tall nuts.

Nice Guy, gave me a free template, and marked a catalog on what to order.

Woody's is now making a "grip kit" that comes with everything you need to stud.

I didn't install any extra protectors.

rjf965 said:
Since the track has a 1" lug, he recomended the 1.325 stud, said the sled already has braces so no extra protection is needed.

I guess you swapped out the track for a 1"?

ZR800EFI said:
I didn't install any extra protectors.

rjf965 said:

I guess you swapped out the track for a 1"?
Sorry, Misspoke, or rather misstyped! :o|

It is a 1.250 lug, and woody's recomends a 1.325 stud.

they have a "product application" guide on the website.

http://www.wiem.com/product_applications.aspx#ScrollTo

I used 168 1.325" Woody's Megabites with studs down the middle, 1,000 miles and Zero problems.

Attachments

• IMG_2157-2.jpg
    IMG_2157-2.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 187
I put 144 down the middle and the only issue I had was with the backers as you can see. just picked up some new ones from Mack at the Epping/Fremont show we'll see if that solves the problem. sorry about the size
2zz2i6a.jpg

2lm1hdj.jpg

Back