• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

N.Y. TY Update! 1/30/04 the day after.

RXONE

Expert
Well I must say our 1st annual N.Y. TY Ride was a monster success thanks to everyone involved. A heart felt thanks to everyone who came! We could'nt have hand picked a nicer group of guys for this ride. I'm telling you I just can't say enough. (Well I could but I'll try to keep this short and sweet) :lol: On Wed. we had 17 riders with BIG BLACK WARRIOR leading the way from Tughill through Carthage,Crogan,Stillwater and back.And 11 riders on Thurs. with BIG BLACK WARRIOR and Monker leading the Team Blue Brigade. Taking us from Tughill through Pulaski,Lake Ontario, Oceola and back.For a total of 300 plus miles for our 2 day ride. Mother Nature laid down a blanket of fresh snow for us on Thurs. Snowfall amounts of 8-24" plus depending on which direction we headed. Sorry to say that we lost 2 riders on thurs. due to some minor set backs. BostonRX1 lost a rear axle wheel and RX1Man broke the rate adjuster arms on his rear skid.We all felt bad about leaving you both behind! But we also know you both understand and thanks for being such good sports about it.
A Very Special thanks to BIG BLACK WARRIOR for leading the way. Thanks Again to everyone who came and keep in touch. I'll add more in another post along with some pics. a little later. But for know take care and keep the rubber side down!
C.J. aka RXONE

Boston RX1!

Dana I read in your post about you stealing my thunder? Well let me say this my friend. This TY ride was just an idea. Yeah I started the ball rolling but each and everyone who came made this ride the huge success that it was. I'm not taking all the credit here. I'm just glad everyone came and enjoyed themselves. I too made 17 new friends (minus PinHead!) makes it 16. But I won't even go there! :lol: I made it home around mid night thanks to my wonderful wife for coming all the way there to get me after my riding partner left me stranded. Thanks to Honk,Red Devil, Darren6.OCCSRX, and Mark (unregistered) :lol: For hanging out with me at the end while I waited for my wife to come pick me up. Talk with you soon.
Yeah Dana! Can you believe it? Scott left me there!
Some friend huh?
Now I have to take my rig and trailer back down and pick up my sled! Go Figure!
Later!
C.J. aka RXONE

CJ, its funny you said he left you stranded. Since he was in the hotel all day, I called him to see if he could pick me up at the gas station. I would try to hitchhike the 60 miles to get to that point. He was no where to be found. I thought that he would bail and go home. Now you confirm it. You are right, he was and is a pinhead. I am not surprised. I will be in touch. Dana

Viperman finally picked up my disabled sled at 8:00 pm Thursday. I tell you what, IT IS DAMN HARD TO FIND SOMETHING TO DO FOR FOUR HOURS AT A GAS STATION!! We stopped in Parish for dinner and the SNOW WAS STILL COMING :!: I think they ended up with over 50". Called my dealer at 10:00 this morning to see if he had the relay rods in stock. LUCKY ME, he had the mountain skid there they took out of the Bender turbo mod sled recently featured in American Snowmobiler. Got to his place at 10:30 and a hour later I'm ready to ride again. No other damage was found to my sled. Everyone better check the welds on those relay rods, that's where both of mine broke. These rods cost $22 each and I told the dealer that was about $20 more than they are worth!!!!! I can't thank Sled Shop Racing and mechanic Dave enough for taking care of me :D :D :D I know where I'll be buying my next sled for sure. Great to meet all of you fellow TY guys :!: A big thank you to Larry(don't remember your user name) for getting Viperman back to Tuggers to get our trailer.

Red RX1

Yeah Red RX1 you missed out man. But I won't rub it in :lol: Yeah I know probably the middle of the week kinda stinks for most people to be able to ride. But we all thought the trails would be in better shape in the middle of the week. Thats why we scheduled the TY ride for that time frame. But then again we'd probably have a better turn out for a weekend ride. Wait a minute! MRSled puts on acouple of TY rides per season! So why can't we? Hey let's do it again say at the end of February huh? Any takers?
RXONE

N.Y. TY Ride! Pictures

Here are some of the pictures taken at our 1st annual N.Y. TY Ride. If any of you guys who came to the ride have pictures you'd like to share please feel free to add them here. For the guys who took pictures with cameras other than digital ask for double prints and send them to me so I can scan them and post them. Sorry guys some of the pictures did'nt turn out. I think the camera got alittle too much snow on it. Hmmm maybe I should have gotten the Pre-Filters for it huh? :lol: Thanks
C.J. aka RXONE

If you guys had only had some sow to ride in huh :shock: :wink: . Looks like fun. Lets play find the running 2 stroker in the last picture.

RXONE, I'm game for another ride. Maybe we could do it somewhere other than Tug Hill and include a weekend day for guys with jobs. What about Speculator up through Tupper Lake/ Lake Placid and that general part of the state :?: Must be some TY member who could be our guide. Or if anyone is interested, I would guide in the southern part of NY. Plenty of snow and trails are usually groomed really nice. Looks like the snow is here to stay for awhile. I hear talk of a coastal storm Monday into Tuesday :D :D

It was definately a great time. Here's the pics I got from Thursday. I was up there again today. Left from camden and never made it to Redfield. Found the limits of what the warrior can go through (see the thread under pics). 2-3 feet is all good, maybe even 4, but 5-6 feet it a little too much. 8)

Back