• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simmons on a 06 GT

I dont have a GT but I have used them on 2 different 4 strokes. Great floatation, very resistant to darting. They do seem to understeer for half a second before they grip in certain conditions and more steering effort is required on trails. Prolly one of the most widely used aftermarket skis among members on this site.

My buddy had them on his '04 Warrior which definitely needed them. He put them on his ApexER last year, and switched back and forth between them and stock. Once you get the setup right, the stock skis work quite well on the trail.

I have them on my RTX. I really like them, but I think the dual carbides are slow on ice for radars. I think there may be better out there. I have a buddy with USI SPX's that seem to work good on his REV. He had to dod some work to them to recess the carbides. They were too agressive stock!

I had them on a 2006 GT. Made a big difference in who I was riding with & the snow conditions. If there were other Simmonds or Skidoo's, the thing picked up there tracks bad. I did a test with them & a set of sly dogs on a 100 mile loop. I ran the Simmonds, then changed and made the same loop again with the sly dogs. Both did a little darting in right condition, but the Simmonds wore my shoulders out. I am going with Sly Dogs & Triple point Berkstoms this year. Will put the Simmonds on my SRX. I did ride an Attak with Doolies & stock ski's and it worked well for darting, but had a little push.

Good luck
Doug

Yes the simmons do exzert more effort more muscle to steer,and you can alter that with your transfer rod adjustment,but what no one has commented on about the simmons and i am surprised is there abality to help smooth out the vibration thru your handle bars,as they are called flexie skis for a reason,the loop moves thru an arc as the ski flexes over a bump,while other skis including stock skis dont flex and are very stiff going into a hole,my take on them is they do make a little heavy front end feeling and they do feel like they wont stick but at the last second they doo,but the effect they have along with fox floats is hard to beat,and set up of the simmons is critical,and carbides are sensitive to say the least for this ski,i think a good pair of stud boys shaper carbides will help some and may keep them a little longer biteing hard thru the corner. JMO but i ran them last year on my rtx,and will do so this year too..do they slow you down on top end,most likely some,but anytime you add more resistance you slow down.

Has anyone with Simmons noticed that when parking for awhile in some deeper, good packing snow like on a spring ride, that the sled gets stuck when trying to take off again? It happened to me several times, and once it happened to me and a Viper with Simmons at the same time, while all the other sleds without Simmons took off without a problem.

I think they slow down the top speed noticably.

The "flex" is awesome, but they do make noise from the loop rattling around.

On ice & little snow i noticed NO difference in top speeds. I have checked speeds with my stock, C&A's, & Simmons.
though I have not checked radar on 4+ inches of snow, but how many radars are run on a lot of snow?
I put my stock skis on early in the yr when running radar in low snow conditions & same at the end of the yr. for going in the dirt after getting off the lake.

Attachments

• lakeRadar.jpg
    lakeRadar.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 285
Doug said:
The "flex" is awesome, but they do make noise from the loop rattling around.

Great point. With most skis, you hit diagonal ice ruts going 80 or so on a lake and it sends severe jolts through your arms and shoulders.

Not with the flexi-ski, those jolts all but disappear due to the unique slider at the back of the ski handle.

I dont think they are slower on top end myself.

i personaly didnt like the simons
very hard on my arms
smaller build 145lbs
stock skies darted too much
ended up with stock skies with duallies
i will take the push over sore arms any day

I've had the Simmons on a Warrior and an Apex GT and was very satisfied. Controls darting very well. I agree with Tork in that I don't believe you lose top end. Definately worth the investment over the stock ski's.

Just be carefull on the fresh loose snow.. they have tendancy not bite into fresh now. Alot of rev guys have missed turns because of these skis.

Back