• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

N.Y.TY Ride.Wed-The Real Story!!Highlights/tips.

YAM182

Expert
ST. Lawrence County,New York. Also own land on Tug
1.Talk softly about a trip because PIN-HEAD types may overhear and invite themselves along and end up making the trip much less enjoyable for some.
2.Bring a bulletproof vest and boxing gloves in case you room with PIN-HEAD types.
3.Some Yamahas don`t go down hill that well :lol:
4.Them there miles and miles of groomed trails on the way to/from Stillwater sure do resemble ROADS :!: :!:
5. $2.49 for gal gas at Stillwater. :shock:
6. The two Black Warriors with filters can really motor :D ,did well at the 1st TY Stillwater reservoir drags,in less than ideal conditions.Viper with pipes(toms)? was fast as was PIN-HEADS stickermobile srx.
7.If you have PLUG problems bring 30 extra and have somebody else carry 20 more for ya. :idea:
8.Somebody should bring a GPS just in case you get kinda sorta temporarily lost at night in the whiteouts :lol: .But that could never happen.Could have been worse.
9.Why can`t SRX`s with M-10s cross the road :?: I don`t know but I was roosted with half the snowbank :? as I went behind the SRX beast trying to free itself.I pulled on the left ski to set the creature free and I think I left my right nut along the roadside :shock:
10.Guys riding in front will uncover bowling ball sized rocks for those in the back to see and enjoy hitting also :!: Makes it more fun when you SEE it first and know you can`t do much but hit it most times. :shock:
11.When getting gas in Brantingham you must cut in front of Cat and Polaris guys or they will empty the tank before you get to fill up your sled.Oh wait that would be SRXs with M-10s that you don`t want in front of you. :lol:
12.For those that stay at the Montague there is a temperature control device called a thermostat in the rooms.It is easy to find according to some as somebody said they were able to locate this control device "ON THE WALL" :lol:
13.When 15-17 Yamahas ride together you get strange looks. :D
14.Aliens can snatch the front 5 riders and make them disappear soon after crossing roads. :shock:
15.Sled horns can roust riders from the depths of bar bathrooms when its time to leave.Just watch them guys come a runnin. :lol:
16.When someone falls off its good that no one runs them over in the whiteout/snowdust conditions at night as the sleds scatter to avoid a disaster.Stop,help up,make sure ok,pull sled from side of trail back to trail,reaquaint driver with sled operating procedures :lol: ,continue on.This happened to the TY12? after the TY5 were abducted by the Aliens.
17.SSSoooo if you are into snow cross,reservoir draggin,road rage ridin,slider burnin,carbide grindin,blizzard/whiteout ridin at night,ungroomed trail ridin,high gas prices,waiting for 2 stroke PLUG changes every hour,sled tippin/rolling,snowdust eating,all in one day :!:
Then a TY ride may be for you :D
JUST DON`T BE OR BRING A PIN-HEAD :!:

Excellent post. I wanted to write something like this, but do not have the talent. I will add my own thoughts in the coming days since I roomed with Pinhead for one night. That was enough. I do have my own thoughts and perspective on the trip.

Oh My God!

Oh My God Too Funny!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice job Crimedawg. But help me out here. Sounds like you were there! But if your also from St.Law. County like me then did we meet? Oh wait a minute your the guy from Gouverneur! Yeah I remember know! Ok we talked and I asked you if you knew some of the people that I know from Gouverneur. Got It! Hey thanks for coming and let's hook up and ride sometime. Keep in touch
C.J.

I waited a couple days and everybody seemed speechless so I let it rip.I figured a few thoughts would lighten things up.I did not see everything so please jump in with what you observed or were thinking that might be funny from your point in line and the view you had.
Yes C.J. I spoke to you but can`t remember if I really introduced my self with all that went on and so many people.Jeezz if I rode Thurs I could have brought you home. Wasn`t PIN-HEADS name Scott -that was not me!!!
Scott

Some more thoughts..
Shoulda seen the crop circles the abducted TY5 laid down in the field behind the Quick and Easy in C'ville, waiting for the others to catch up.
I haven't laughed that hard in a while...the TY5 probably looked a little like the Blue Angels...if Big Black went down, we were all goin down with him... :D
Red Devil runs NASCAR for Roush racing... :D
I figured there would be a lot of roads, so I added some hard weld to my skags before the trip...couldn't steer, but they lasted.
Had no problems with the snowdust... Lots of ice underhood when I got home, but they ran perfect.
Almost piled up at the stop sign at the Montague Inn...glad you weren't looking back, Big Black Warrior...always wondered what those 8 sided red signs meant.... 8)

Too bad some of you guys had to leave and didn't get to make the Thursday ride. Nothing like 2' of fresh powder to keep you on your toes :!: Glance away from the track ahead and the next thing you know you're up to your windshield in snow :cry: Glad I had several TY buddies along to pull me out :D Best memory was standing at Selkirk State Park, seeing a sign saying beach closed AND NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE THE DAMN BEACH OR LAKE :shock: I don't think I've ever been in wind and snow like that. BBW, I guess we'll have to check it out next year and see the water spouts.

If you are riding TY2 (on the first day) and roll your sled, get out of the way because PH TY3 will land on top of you, literally.
If you want to party, don't ask TY4 (Honk) to go, he goes to bed at 8:00.
If you ever ride with TY riders from NY, TY2,3,4 and 5, (Sumpbuster, PH, Red Devil), in the PM, be careful because a TY Snocross event might break out. I was riding TY6 and these guys were going like there was no tomorrow. Three across in the straightaways and two across in the corners. I let off after 20 minutes of that, I could not keep up. It was cool while it lasted. That event is why PH did not ride day 2.
If you ever go anywhere and PH drives, you had better have a backup to take you home, because he will leave you stranded.
If I think of anymore, I will post.

Back