• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dye for 06 RTX seat. Pics of solid black seat

BlueByYou2000

Staff member
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Guys, I found some dye online to color my goofy looking silver stripe black. It was really easy and turned out fantastic. The company said the product is used on car interiors, leather and vinyl. Once applied it is permanent and will not chip. Heres some pics

Attachments

• RTX Painted PanelsHunting Pics 05 02112.JPG
    RTX Painted PanelsHunting Pics 05 02112.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 315
  • RTX Painted PanelsHunting Pics 05 0211.JPG
    RTX Painted PanelsHunting Pics 05 0211.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 313

Hi Blue,

The solid black definitely looks much better. Gives it a sportier look. Where online did you find the dye?

Thanks
Scotto

I bought it a while back and for the life of me I cant find the damn website. But just go to google and do a search for vinyl dye and there are several companies that will come up that sell the same stuff. Thanks...BBY

Looks much better!!!!! Thinking about trying it, your sure that it wont rub off in wet conditions???????

PS: Like the excell exhaust!!!!

Hey Matt...you have reverse on that sled? If YES, I want 1st right of refusal when you decide to sell.

how much $? how much of a bottle is needed for one seat(may have a friend that would do his too)? please post pic of bottle or what brand it is.
on hard wet rides, do you think it will rub off any?
i'm interested!

Looks good and most likely much cheaper than having that panel replaced at an upholstry shop.
Did you remove the seat to do this?
Also, I thought you took off your excell exhaust?

BA APEX said:
how much $? how much of a bottle is needed for one seat(may have a friend that would do his too)? please post pic of bottle or what brand it is.
on hard wet rides, do you think it will rub off any?
i'm interested!

I did 2 seats with the can i bought. And its out at a budies house right now so I dont know the brand. From what I found when I was looking to do this, is as long as it is classified as a dye, it will work and not rub off. Check out google and do a search for vinyl dye, any brand will work...BBY

MightyRTX said:
Looks good and most likely much cheaper than having that panel replaced at an upholstry shop.
Did you remove the seat to do this?
Also, I thought you took off your excell exhaust?

I left the seat on the sled and just masked it off. I was considering taking the exhaust off but it works so well and looks good so until our lovely DNR decides to give me a ticket, ill leave it on...BBY

I assume it came in an aerosole can? Does that part of the seat look any different than the other part of the seat texture wise?

Back