• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just picked up my CR10EK Plugs

Mighty

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
22 Mach Z
23 Sidewinder SRX
What are you guys doing for the caps that are needed? Also, what do you do to keep them from un-screwing?

Just put mine in last nite.I put a drop of red lock tite on the very bottom threads,screwed the caps on and tightened them snugly in a vice with a plier.Should be O.K.Cause it is not a trail side job in snowy, -30c, Saskatchewan,to do.

just find a cheap pair of plugs at the store that have threaded caps..they are universal and will thread right on

didnt realize they were supposed ot have caps......they didnt come with any so i just snapped my plug caps on it. Did i do this right?

Re: cr10ek

sledhead317 said:
These are colder plugs than the stock,any one have any problems in the cold weather starting or fouling them.
Many guys are running them and I have yet to read of any issues ;)!

zipclean said:
screwed the caps on and tightened them snugly in a vice with a plier.

geez, please be carefull!! that's a little excessive!

zipclean said:
Maybe, but I have had them vibrate loose in other sleds and this is not a easy one to get at on the trail at -30c

Me too, and Iv learned to hate this style of plug tip. On my venture, the plug caps themselves wore down the rim of the tip head, so the caps would no longer clamp and hold the sparkplug. I guess its just because aluminum is a soft and easy to wear away metal, and two strokes shake alot.

Has anyone tried putting a little solder at the bottom where the spark plug tip (when fully tightened) seats down to. Wouldnt that hold it in place?, and it wouldnt require a ton of solder either.

Back