• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TIPPY

I noticed ski lift in the corners, and was told to accelerate in the corners not be slowing down. I was used to riding a viper 2 stroke however 4 strokes engine brake and brings the nose of the sled down in the corner. Different riding style I guess haven't tried it yet. Any other Input?

Lean harder, hook your outside boot in the stirrups, put the under side of your thigh on top of the seat. Put all your weight on the inside boot and use your outside toes like hooks.
Taller sleds mean higher center of gravity, which means more arm, which means more effective weight transfer. This means if you have your body mass in the wrong spot it will throw you over easier, but on the same hand, if you put your weight in the right spot, it also works for you more effectively.
Also, I am not real sure, but I do believe there are some suspension adjustments that can help a bit with the tendency for the sled to roll to the outside of the turn. I am no expert, so if I am wrong please correct me, but I believe higher spring tension on the front suspension will do that. In all reality you have to get used to this brand new riding position as well as adjust the suspension for your conditions and style of riding.
:rocks: :Rockon:

I'm going to try some Simmons skis on mine, just waiting for new mounts to fit the Phazer. With the outside carbides effectively widening out your ski stance by 6 -8 inches - it's got to help with the tippyness.

remember the stock skis are adjustable too(width)

Attachments

• dsc00974.jpg
    dsc00974.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 210
  • dsc00976.jpg
    dsc00976.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 194
I said the same thing after my first ride, its posted on here somewhere.

After learning to drive the Phazer Ive had no issues.

I think two things attest to tippy feeling.

1) Deeper snow, the stock skis are too thin on the GT/FX and base. Deeper it is, the tippier it feels because the outside ski will sink during the turn.

2) Rider FWD riding style. You have to learn to use the foot hooks and lean in and FWD into the turn. When you stop leaning back you will find it turns so much nicer. Having switched from a EDGE chassis Polaris to this, it took a few rides, but now I got it.

-Steve

BV1 said:
I said the same thing after my first ride, its posted on here somewhere.

After learning to drive the Phazer Ive had no issues.

I think two things attest to tippy feeling.

1) Deeper snow, the stock skis are too thin on the GT/FX and base. Deeper it is, the tippier it feels because the outside ski will sink during the turn.

2) Rider FWD riding style. You have to learn to use the foot hooks and lean in and FWD into the turn. When you stop leaning back you will find it turns so much nicer. Having switched from a EDGE chassis Polaris to this, it took a few rides, but now I got it.

-Steve

i personally didn't feel it was tippy, i put the slp slt ski's on there alot wider and i thought it railed like a rev, but it's the wife's sled and she thought it was tippy, time will tell she has to get use to it

Just had the Mountain lite out for it's maiden voyage. It can feel "tippy" compared to other sleds. If you are used to performance or track riding with a sport bike you will want to ride much the same way. It has already been mentioned that with the "rider forward" position your body position plays a big role. If you want to corner quickly, do as they said and move your body over, down and into the corner. Much like leaning your shoulder into the corner. Hook in and think about putting your helmet down towards the grip that is on the inside of the corner.

This sled does feel "looser" than many. Don't try to control it with a death grip on the bars. Relax and let it run a bit. Once I relaxed my shoulders and upper body, I really began to feel much more comfortable. The Phazer is a kick in the pants! All the riders in our group switched off sleds yesterday and all thought the Phazer was a lot of fun to ride.

Relax, and enjoy......... :drink:

Does the Phaser have control rods to reduce or increase weight transfer? By reducing the weight transfer you should be able to reduce inside ski lift.

Another trick to help the skis stay planted is to slightly back off on the throttle when going into corners such that the weight doesn't fully transfer to rear skid. If you ride it like a two stroke and let off the throttle completely when going into a corner, the weight will fully transfer to the rear skid and your skis will come up. Just let off a little on the throttle to safely corner and the skis will stay planted.

I can't take credit for this, but read about it on this site and it works! I have even ridden behind other new 4-stroke riders and watched their skis come up. I gave them this tip during a break and when they tried it, sure enough their skis stay planted.

Back