• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

steering lubrication??

You can put a couple of drops of oil on each tie rod end (the sphere of the spherical rod end bearings.

Somebody added a grease fitting to the steering column bushing and posted a pic of that awhile back.

There are two bushings in the steering column and one right by the chain case by the reverse handle bracket and one down past the oil tank. I had to change one in the steering column and I had to take out the one by the chain case and clean it up and lube and re-install it.. Thats where the squeak is coming from.

nb-viper said:
There are two bushings in the steering column and one right by the chain case by the reverse handle bracket and one down past the oil tank. I had to change one in the steering column and I had to take out the one by the chain case and clean it up and lube and re-install it.. Thats where the squeak is coming from.

can I just hit the bushings with high quality lube spray? can I get them by removing the plastic pieces?

i took a 1/8 drill and drilled a hole in the plastic on the top then used motorcycle chain lube an the plastic spray tube u get with the can. this way u can lube all joints without taking them apart. chain lube goes in thin then turnes to grease to stay there. i even done the one on the stearing column but had to drill the steel in the weld itself still all this works good for me

This is a NICE way to ease steering effort as well. I never got a squeak but my RX was always hard to turn I figured it was just the aggressive carbides, in the off season a few years ago I pulled the steering shaft and lubed everything and holy crap it was like I added power steering. If your sled is more then a couple years old the greasing the plastic bushings REALLY help.

To tighten the steering this year I went with OFT bronze and aluminum bushings so I will report back what the difference is once I get them installed.

Back