• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Premium or Regular......07 Attak

I use 87 myself, I believe that SrxSpec posted results from a dyno test that showed a loss in power with the higher octane fuel.

:4STroke:

SRS was right about higher octanes burning slower. 87 burns faster but 89+ burns longer and more complete. This causes more deposit build up over time with the 87. Use a decent fuel injector cleaner on a regular basis, just like your car/truck.
Same performance and cleanliness. Cheaper in the long run than buying premium too.

85 ocatne baby! Runs much, much better then if I have to fill up with 89. Sometimes I have to get gas from the lodge on the mountain and they carry 93 for all the 2-smokes! Makes my sled a dog. Eric

why does it say 91 or something different on the side of the sled?
The Better Gas Will Run Better. Like all fuel injection systems Timing Changes are made when running better gas.. elevation ..engine temp ping Knock etc...87 should be the minimal octane rating for this type of high performance engine

bigbigrichie said:
why does it say 91 or something different on the side of the sled?
The Better Gas Will Run Better. Like all fuel injection systems Timing Changes are made when running better gas.. elevation ..engine temp ping Knock etc...87 should be the minimal octane rating for this type of high performance engine

87 here you will loose HP running premium,Mine doesn't say 91 on the sled, and I have never saw one that does!! Are you sure you have an Apex?

Back