• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak / Apex add on cooler / heat exchanger... got one?

Woody

Lifetime Member
Has anyone put on the optional Yami heat exchanger / cooler on their Attak? If so, do you have pics you can post? I'm interested in getting one, since it's not too bad of a price, but wanted to see what I'm dealing with prior to purchasing.

thanks
joel

please post pics if you have one

Cooler

If you are even thinking about putting one on just do it! I have put them on my Viper, Rx1 and now the Apex. Once I put it on the Viper I never saw the temp light on again even after almost 10 miles without any snow. The Rx1 was another story... Junk from day one.

-Moose

No they are now coming in,we have recieved two in the last two weeks,and already installed it on my 06 apex,piece of cake,just need a cutting device to peel back a little rectangle part of inside trim,to remove old and replace new,other than that it fit great and used the 3 rivets that came with it,and i do not have a pic or a way to get one,but it really is not bad.

I got mine a few weeks ago...I was lucky,but since then my buds been waiting...all backorder......I hear they should have some in by end of january....

Nice add on...simple install....Here are some pics of my install using a dremel to cut out area to slide it in..

dan

Attachments

• sledstuff (19).jpg
    sledstuff (19).jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 264
  • sledstuff (13).jpg
    sledstuff (13).jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 272
  • sledstuff (14).jpg
    sledstuff (14).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 242
  • sledstuff (15).jpg
    sledstuff (15).jpg
    123 KB · Views: 218
I'm a little confused at the need for one of these. I've never had my '06 Attak overheat while riding. The only time it got hot was at an idle for 10-15min. I drained out about 40% of the straight glycol that was in it and replaced it with distilled water and now it will idle for 35-40min before getting hot. Stil cool on the trail. Is it snow conditions or outside temp?

running long lakes at hi speeds with very hardpack mine would overheat....even after going 50/50 and water wetter i had this happen...not as much but still can happen...i felt this was cheap easy insurance to help cool down...the footwell coolers dont get any snow on them from track.....the rear one will help!

dan

The cooler for the apex while not fit the attak due to the tunnel protectors. You can retro fit a cooler from the warrior but still have to cut hole in tunnel larger and cut 3 to 5 inchs from protectors. I have learned that they have a cooler in the EURO attak model but difficult to get in Canada. Also it has a big COST approx. $600. I have been looking for cooler design to fit the attak 06 but I an getting the run around from Yamaha Canada.

yamadoc643 said:
The cooler for the apex while not fit the attak due to the tunnel protectors. You can retro fit a cooler from the warrior but still have to cut hole in tunnel larger and cut 3 to 5 inchs from protectors. I have learned that they have a cooler in the EURO attak model but difficult to get in Canada. Also it has a big COST approx. $600. I have been looking for cooler design to fit the attak 06 but I an getting the run around from Yamaha Canada.

What?? I put the rear heat exchanger on my 2006 Attak last year.......$80.00!! It's the same exchanger as the Warrior.

The hole you cut isn't very big...and I think I only cut one side. I simply cut 2 slits in the existing hole and I rolled the metal back, then slid in the tube and unrolled the metal back into place!!

Genesis Extreme said:
yamadoc643 said:

What?? I put the rear heat exchanger on my 2006 Attak last year.......$80.00!! It's the same exchanger as the Warrior.

Do you have studs on your Attak? If so, did you have to install some protectors for the heat ex? If so, got any pictures of the installation?

Sno Cat said:
Genesis Extreme said:
yamadoc643 said:

Do you have studs on your Attak? If so, did you have to install some protectors for the heat ex? If so, got any pictures of the installation?

I am not sure if they will fit the Attack but I have SRX protectors on my Apex. I know they do the job since I had marks on them while on the RX1. I am running 1.325 inch studs.

-Moose

Back