• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Idlers wheels delaminating? Please help!

87gtNOS

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
12 Apex XTX MCX powered
Hey guys, how many of you have had your wheels delaminate? I was out with a buddy on an 07 RTX a couple weeks ago and his peeled off. Dealer is giving him a hassle. "stud backs are too big"...they're Woody's!

I know we all got new wheels on our 06's! These 07's are using the same rubber wheel.

Bottom line is, these wheels can't handle the friction placed on them in the center of the rails.

Please respond if you are a 2007 owner experiencing the same problems!!!

Thanks TY guys!! :Rockon:

07 RTX

IM ON MY 3RD SET OF WHEELS AND SLIDERS.
LAST SET ONLY HAD LESS THAN 70 MILLES.

Why are you changing the sliders. The thinner, the faster for top end runs. You guys could of still recieved some of the 06's on the 07's.

SledFreak said:
Why are changing the sliders. The thinner the faster for top end runs. You guys could of still recieved some of the 06's on the 07's.
Ya, gotta change em once they're gone!!

We should do a poll on the types of studs that people are using and wheel issues.

I find that Woody's Goldiggers and the Ats or Extrememax etc, sit tight and flush with the track.

The Woody's Megabites and SS have a little thicker head and do not sit as nice.

Also, a fourth wheel in the rear suspension may be a good idea. I found that my wheels did not wear evenly. The one outside edge would wear quicker than the other side.

i have 96 woodys studs with double backers ,wheels are shoot ill run then this way till i get 1000 miles on them then get a new set for the next 1000

Same old #*$&@ , different colour..I replaced all of mine last year with aftermarket, my outof pocket expense, sick of bothering my dealer,There upcharge for us Canadien's to own a Yamaha' product is ridiculous Ive pretty well given up on these pocket picking bas$$#@s.Still have my GT but spent $30gs elsewhere.

SharkAttak said:
ski-doo idler wheels change all 6 of the (135mm) 503190802 (6205 bearing)

Exactly, situation solved once and for all! Turn in your bad old wheels to the dealer for a credit towards a tank bag or something.

man!..i stopped over dealer and he said same thing...07s are still crap!....We all installed SPOKED accessory wheels...hold up real well,and are the thinner lighter style for those who want to keep weight down...some use the 05 rx wheels which are good too but FATTER...

its so weird how the best sled builder can do many things so poorly.....

--they cant make a skid that doesnt rub against shock?

--they cant find a damn vendor to produce wheels that hold together?

--they cant design hot handlebars?

so many ridiculous things they are BAD AT..while all the important things they are GREAT AT.....why cant they just get it together?...after running machs since 89 its weird how DOOS would have MAJOR problems like motors blowing ect ect....but with yammie its the little things that they just dont seem to care about...

then when you call them on support line,they tell you we havent heard of these problems!...LOL....cracks me up!...

wheels should not be an issue!...how long have sleds been around with idlers and sliders skids?...been alongggggggggg time!...nothing new here,geeeeeeees!

dan

machzed said:
man!..i stopped over dealer and he said same thing...07s are still crap!....We all installed SPOKED accessory wheels...hold up real well,and are the thinner lighter style for those who want to keep weight down...some use the 05 rx wheels which are good too but FATTER...

its so weird how the best sled builder can do many things so poorly.....

--they cant make a skid that doesnt rub against shock?

--they cant find a damn vendor to produce wheels that hold together?

--they cant design hot handlebars?

so many ridiculous things they are BAD AT..while all the important things they are GREAT AT.....why cant they just get it together?...after running machs since 89 its weird how DOOS would have MAJOR problems like motors blowing ect ect....but with yammie its the little things that they just dont seem to care about...

then when you call them on support line,they tell you we havent heard of these problems!...LOL....cracks me up!...

wheels should not be an issue!...how long have sleds been around with idlers and sliders skids?...been alongggggggggg time!...nothing new here,geeeeeeees!

dan
I here ya! I havent even put one mile on my Apex yet and I am nervous that its gonna be trip after trip back and forth the the dealer for minor stuff. The winter season is short enough(especially the last year and now this year as well) to have to mess around with the little stuff. :o|

Are the 05 Rx wheels the same for the Apex if so Royal has them in stock in Barrie I was there today I am in the same boat Bought cheeper USA sled and it might be the move to change them now

05 wheels wont fit the 06,the 6 small idler wheels now take a 25mm id bearing where before they took a 20mm id bearing,plus the are now only 12mm wide instead of the old ones being 14mm,careful what you buy,might be taking them back,thats why my sled is still apart cause i ordered some wheels that the catalog "said" would fit my sled ,not

Back