• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Carbides for Stock Skis

BLUE LIGHTNING

Extreme
Does anybody know what is the best carbide for the stock attak skis and have 162 studs on the machine? i ran 6" daulies but they wore down way too fast only have 400kms on them( AND THERES NOT MUCH LEFT AND STARTING TO GRIND IN ON THE FRONT STEEL) , should i go with 8 inch ones, or try something like studboy shaper bars, or woodies executive or something like that?>

thanks
JP

I have 9inch shaper bars on mine. Shimmed the skis and it handles very good with little darting. Havent checked yet to see how much they are wearing though.

I have had just about every carbide you can think of on my sleds.
The all and out clear winner (for me) on wear is CB Performance.
After 1400 miles they are still sharp, very sharp. About as sharp as a set of Woodies after one pass through a gas station in marginal snow. We rode some loooooong stretches of pure pavement at very high speeds.
I will say that they do tend to lose pieces of the carbide (fall out) but they fix them for ya.
On my Attak I currently have Bergstrum triples. They handle good, but after 350 miles of relatively outstanding trails, the middle carbide is flat. Hardly any pavement riding at all. I am going to call them and see what's up.

8" will work the best IMO with that many studs. Doesn't matter the brand, woody's, stud boy, etc....

Attachments

• PIMG0328.JPG
    PIMG0328.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 231

Back