• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broken Linkage

hoov165x

Veteran
1-2 foot moguls for 5 miles = broken suspension linkage. This sled is too fragile I think. I could run my Cats throught that small of stuff all season nonstop and nothing would break. Ahhhh, another chapter in the Phazer saga! 44 miles back to the truck with a springboard= not fun.

Which linkage actually broke, the one between the front and rear shock in the rear suspension? Also did you have the rear coupling blocks removed on the rear arm of the suspension?

phazerfly said:
Which linkage actually broke, the one between the front and rear shock in the rear suspension? Also did you have the rear coupling blocks removed on the rear arm of the suspension?

The coupler blocks are intact. I am not willing to sacrifice the overall handling for more transfer. The bellcrank linkage between the center and rear shocks appears to have parted ways with the shaft tube it was welded to. Have not torn into it yet as I have four other sleds to ride, and to be quite honest, I do not trust this sled when I am 50 miles out in the mountains. If the new part is not updated and stronger, I will be giving this sled to my girls to ride- I don't think they will break it????

Sled is in the shop and waiting for the new updated parts, which are available. New torque arm and linkage. Hope to be off my Cats by the weekend!!!!

hoov165x

From what I read on another post, don't be too surprised if your girls break this part as well. One guy on here said his wife broke this part twice so far. SO MUCH FOR THE JIMMY (BACK FLIP) BLAZE MARKETING!

If you go and look at the other post about the rear suspension I described the new parts in there. If you do get the updated parts I don't believe you will break them. That link is a billet aluminium block and the torque arm is gusseted up nicely. You should be happy.

Will Yamaha update the parts without them being broken? Meaning is it a bulletin that reads, only replace if broken, or replace if customer want the update?

My linkage/front arm broke also broke. As for the linkage, I looked at it when I tore it apart and I was laughing at the part. I asked co worker that is a engineer and fabricator and he said the same thing I thought. One reason why the link broke was the lack of welding. The bushings are less than halfway welded and pore welds at that. If it was completely welded around it would be stronger but a billet block is the way to go.

Here are the new parts:

Attachments

• DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 280
Same story here in Finland. They actually produced enduro racing kit for the Phazer here. Still stuff brakes... Wayy too weak material I think.

Ike

rfabro said:
Are those Yami or aftermarket?

OEM Yamaha update parts. Hopefully the parts that the link is attached to will hold up.............

Also gussetted torque arm is part of update.

Yamaha said if I break this setup I have balls of steel and they will not warranty it. Direct quote.......

Hoov165

I'd ask them how Jimmy Blaze made out with the sled and then give them the quote from the guys wife who has broke this twice now.

"Yamaha said if I break this setup I have balls of steel and they will not warranty it. Direct quote......."

Sounds like they are expecting you to break this part again. I'm sure all Phazer owners would like to hear this instead, "with the updates we have made, You will not break this suspension again".

I posted this once before......... When I called yamaha they told me there was no problem, and there was no update kit.

Back