• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any reason not to pick up an 07 venture lite

swiler

I'm basically ready to pull the trigger on purchasing a venture lite 07. I'm taking advantage of the year end deals. Is their any reason I should wait for the 08? I'm not seeing any significant change but I could be missing something. MY only concern is that the 07 is a first year model.

What would you guys do?

Thanks

I say go for it!
Just beware of the known issues...
No extreme cold starts, lots of ice in the tunnel, frozen suspension wheels, unprotected radiator and no tunnel/muffler protectors, therefore no studs.
If you are aware of the issues and still feel the same way, go for it.
I am willing to deal with them and have almost 4000 miles on mine. All in the Alaskam Bush, under some of the most extreme conditions on Earth.
I am very impressed by this sno-go's capabilities.
Look for my trip report in a few days, it will be very detailed.
Hope this helped... ;)!
GR.

Thanks GR!

Just the type of info I was hoping to get. Do you know if Yamaha is addressing any of these issues or basically the sled with same issues.

Swiler

As far as I know it's the same.
I am working on guards for the wheels, and have been testing Yamaha's "fix" on the mixture setting.
I am now comfortable it will start around -25F, but no colder unless it is plugged in. But even plugged in ALL night, it would not fire at -45F.
Nice sled, I just wish it would start like the 3 cyl. models, but that would make it too close to perfect.
Where are you? Cold there? That is a BIG consideration if you do not have a heated garage.
I had to get up and out of my sleeping bag every hour to make sure I had a ride in the morning. Kinda of no fun at -47F.

Well I am curious to see what you decide and how you like it...let us know...

GR.

I really appreciate the input GR. I'm located in Newfoundland, Canada and we don't have too many nights dip below -15. According to your real world testing I should not have a problem getting the sled going in the morning. Doesn't sound fun getting out of that sleeping bag at -47.

I have a test drive later in the week. the final decision will be made afterwards but I'm leaning towards getting it.

Swiler

I think you will be very happy with the Venture lite Swiler. I have a Venture MP and have about two thousand kms on it this winter and have been very happy with it. The ice in the tunnel is probably the biggest issue for me but I have been told by Yamaha that they are working on a fix for the problem. Hope you enjoy the new sled. Topper

Hey Swiler ... if you're looking for one of the most comfortable, fun to ride sleds, you aren't going to go wrong with the Venture Lite.
I'm also from the rock, and so far I have rode 2100 km without trouble (or backache). No cold starting issues, however ice does build up (not a major issue, but still has to be dealt with).
It's a great sled to drive on the trails, and has a big bike feel, but you won't want to get it stuck. Kinda on the heavy side in wet snow. I like to cruise the trails, and am quite happy with my first Yammie sled.

Hope you have a good test ride.

OST

Our area might only get a week of the winter where the temps go to the -20's C (-10F). Certainly not cold compared to your region GR. Usually we have temps -5C to -15C most of the winter (and that may last till late April).

holy sh...cow GR, I've ridden in extreme cold before, but I spent my nights in a nice comfy and warm cabin. I can not imagine sleeping out in a sleeping bag at -47!!!

I got to ask, is this called fun, or is this work related.... Just a sanity check!!!!!

Great report, I was also looking at a Phazer GT and the Venture Lite tonight. It looked to me that the venture might be the better sled for my wife. I rode the Phazer but not the lite. Is it as easy to handle (for a small woman) as they indicate?? Also, is trail cruising at 45-60 realistic??

RedRX1 said:
holy sh...cow GR, I've ridden in extreme cold before, but I spent my nights in a nice comfy and warm cabin. I can not imagine sleeping out in a sleeping bag at -47!!!

I got to ask, is this called fun, or is this work related.... Just a sanity check!!!!!

It is called fun! I was planning on making it to Bison Camp that night, but ran out of snow in the same spot the Iron Dog racers reported low snow conditions. Spending the night inside would have been nice, but as an Arctic traveler, you must be prepared for the worse. I was actually warm all night, I had a fire and my 60 below Wiggy's sleeping bag. The biggest pain was getting out of the warm bag every hour to start the sled, but I am glad I did, I am sure it would not have started!

RedRX1 said:
Great report, I was also looking at a Phazer GT and the Venture Lite tonight. It looked to me that the venture might be the better sled for my wife. I rode the Phazer but not the lite. Is it as easy to handle (for a small woman) as they indicate?? Also, is trail cruising at 45-60 realistic??

I think the Lite feels much lighter than it actually is. Very well balanced and nimble to ride. As with any high CG sled, body placement is very important, but I think once you get used to that it is a non-issue. I would have to say that if your wife likes to ride this will be a good sled, just don't expect her to be able to pick it up and out of a ditch by herself...
In the hard pack conditions we so often see out here in the Great Land, I normally cruise at 55 to 70 mph. In the deep powder I saw upriver this last trip, cruise was reduced to about 40 mph with full throttle. So if you are riding groomed trails, I bet you could see the results you are talking about.

GypsyRoots said:
As far as I know it's the same.
I am working on guards for the wheels, and have been testing Yamaha's "fix" on the mixture setting.
I am now comfortable it will start around -25F, but no colder unless it is plugged in. But even plugged in ALL night, it would not fire at -45F.
Nice sled, I just wish it would start like the 3 cyl. models, but that would make it too close to perfect.
Where are you? Cold there? That is a BIG consideration if you do not have a heated garage.
I had to get up and out of my sleeping bag every hour to make sure I had a ride in the morning. Kinda of no fun at -47F.

Well I am curious to see what you decide and how you like it...let us know...

with The efi On these's sled you should be able to put in a remote start. the one I use in my car you can program to start every hour and run 10 min. sound like what you might need, tell yamaha to pick up the the bill.

Drove 30 miles to a dealer who had a black 07' venture lite demo w/200 miles on it. I was a little skeptical with only 80hp. Took it for a test ride for about an hour and I was sold. Very snappy and great handling. What I liked the most was this sled does not feel like a two-up machine. $6,000 + tax seemed fair to me. Thanks Gypsyroots for your honest reports. IMO no machine is perfect and I can live with a few flaws that the venture lite may have. :4STroke:

Based on how pleased I was that my new Phazer didn't hurt my (bad) back like my old style sleds, I started to consider adding a Venture Lite to my fleet. I wasn't thrilled with the colors, but then last night I saw a black one for the first time. That did it. I pick it up on Saturday. Hopefully it snows early next year, because I now have THREE 2-stroke sleds for sale, plus a couple enclosed trailers!

venture%20lite.jpg

Back