• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX08 vs NYTRO08 vid

This race is definitely not as close as I would have hoped/anticipated :dunno: Ecspecially considering all the reports coming back from the demo rides. :ORC

Attachments

• Nytro.JPG
    Nytro.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 430
Yeah that's a little disappointing, I'm sure it's a great corner to corner trail sled which is what it is intended for but I would have hoped it would have stayed a little closer to the Apex.

It looks about right, do you honestly think yamaha would build the nytro so quick that it could beat an apex? Next year the apex will get the update and then 3 years from now the 2010 nytro will smoke the current apex, just like the new nytro will smoke an rx-1.

I was just going by what many where saying after coming back from the demos. I anticipated a much closer race...

I should preface that by saying 600 Meters is a pretty long race (almost 2000')...so HP is going to prevail.

Looking at that pic I would say a few of us got it right. The Nytro will probably stay close up to a certain speed, 40,50,60???? I don't know exactly. The Nytro RIPS out of the hole. But it doesn't have that "Better hold on to your @$$" feel of the 150's. IMO. ;)!

2002 viper said:
Maybe it wasnt hooking up,who knows what happend. The 1st race the Nytro was RIGHT with it the whole time.

If you read the article it said the results were the same each race...oh and FYI that is the finish of the 1st race.

Its not a lack racer it is simple as that. If you want to dominate on the lack don't buy a nytro cuz you will get your #*$&@ handed to you. When I test rode the nyto I could tell my apex would destroy it on the lake but when it comes to tight twisty trails there is no compairson. I gusse we need to learn you can't have everything.

skoalring11 said:
Its not a lack racer it is simple as that. If you want to dominate on the lack don't buy a nytro cuz you will get your #*$&@ handed to you. When I test rode the nyto I could tell my apex would destroy it on the lake but when it comes to tight twisty trails there is no compairson. I gusse we need to learn you can't have everything.

I understand the give and take relationship but you are talking about less the 20hp difference between 2 sleds and a pretty significant weight loss...with that said I have no problem with the Nytro loosing to the Apex. My initial post/comment was because everyone coming back from demos were saying it would be a close race between the Apex/Nytro, heck even (Srxspec) Alan was saying that it would be close.

Like I said before, that video leaves a lot to be desired and we wont know anythign for sure until next season...I am just making inferences.

In the report it says that ethier sled was at top speed but in 600 meters I would bet that the nytro was at top speed. When you ride it you can tell that it is gear low and I dont see the horsepower being the deciding factor as much as the setup in the gear and clutching

There is something really wrong with this race. The Nytro FX has only 12 less horsepower (138 vs 150 actual dyno numbers) and Yamaha says weighs wet 70 pounds less than the Apex GT. The race is 600 meters (~2000 ft.) and the Nytro can not reach a top speed of roughly 100 MPH. The huge lead off the line should be impossible for the Apex to make up unless those numbers are incorrect. I see now the dry weight difference posted on the Yamaha site only show 40 pounds difference (520 vs 560)between a Nytro FX and a Apex GT.

Who says the yare full of gas? The apex could have a quarter tank and the nytro could be full.

Back