• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should Yamaha offer a bigger tank on SOME Nytros

Should Yamaha offer a VERSION of the Nytro with bigger gas tank

• Yes I would like a 10-12gal on some Nytros

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No I like it the way it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care 7 or 10gal I am buying the Nytro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FreezerBurnt

Extreme
"It" would be nice if Yamaha offered a 10+gal tank on certain Nytro models

Of course keep the 7gallon on the RTX version :Rockon:

I am sure there are a lot of sledders that would want a lightweight EFI 130+hp sled that is able to get 160-180+ miles per TANK

I know this is hard to comprehend for some,but many riders like to just ride mile after mile and in some places that extra range is needed and is a bonus to others

Offer a Nytro with 10-12gal tank yet keep the RTX with the 7gal ones for the hardcore ditchbangers

call it the Nytro XT(Xtreme Tourer) :bling

The 130+ Nytro is one of the nicest sleds on the market for 08
:Rockon:

:4STroke:

I have been out riding today, 210km or 131 miles, and i have passed atleast 4 gasstations, I just dont get the bitchin about the SMALL tank? If u ride alot of groomed trails and go LONG rides and want a big tank, buy the VECTOR OR APEX or install an extra tank!

Why would you want a small tank on the RTX?? If you want it lighter, just don't fill it as much. Then if you do ride in an area with few gas stations, you have that extra capacity. :ORC
:4STroke:

I will be buying an older Vector but in 3-4yrs I will maybe buy the Nytro

Not everybody likes to find gas station when there buddies are still riding

hell my ZR goes 140miles on a tank,and I love that as I am not looking for a gas station

Mind you the MPG is not the greatest but at least it goes 140+miles to a tank

So why not have a Nytro model with a bigger tank yet keep the model with smaller tanks for those that don't mind looking for gas at 100miles

Kråkan said:
I have been out riding today, 210km or 131 miles, and i have passed atleast 4 gasstations, I just dont get the bitchin about the SMALL tank? If u ride alot of groomed trails and go LONG rides and want a big tank, buy the VECTOR OR APEX or install an extra tank!

Some of us like to ride hard and want a sled like the nitro and do long trips. I will give you the locations to install gas pumps if you like and I hope your open 24 hours. Why carry fuel on board when I can get a Rev XP? I’ve owned countless new Yamaha’s in the past starting from the 82 Bravo. Owned the whole Yamaha food chain except for the Vmax-4 for the sole reason I couldn’t get anywhere near the range my Polaris and Doo buddies had, so I went and bought a new Mach Z. Yeah we all blew our motors, but all got the same fuel range though.lol
I’ve also broken suspensions or bent tunnels in every sled I’ve owned. I need something I can ride hard!

Dan

I may have a minority opinion here, but ... As long as I can still make it to the next gas station with my 2-stroke buddies, and still use less gas than them, I could care less how big the gas tank is. In fact if I can make it 100 miles on a tank, the smaller the better - thats less fuel that I'm lugging around on the sled.

I get 140miles with my 2 last 2strokes on a tank

Why not get that with a 4stroke

But the point is Yamaha SHOULD ALSO keep the smaller tank on certain models

NO one is suggesting get rid of the small tank BUT rather have a similar model with bigger tank

Rode the FX Nytro today, awesome machine. I talked with about 4 Yamaha Reps and they are all content with the small tank. They feel 100+ miles is sufficient on a tank of gas. I asked them about canadian riders and people who ride in canada and they said thet haven't heard anything from them. For me its an issue. I might not buy the nytro if it has a small tank. I am currently on a Phazer fx and get about 135 on an 8 gallon tank. Would love to 150 miles on a tank.

If you can get 16 miles per gallon on the Nytro, your looking for fuel at 80 miles. Your out of fuel on the side of the trail at 100 miles on the last drop of fuel in the 28 liters. Hope nobody rides it hard or in soft snow or those numbers could be down. Hope I’m wrong..

Dan

FreezerBurnt said:
I get 140miles with my 2 last 2strokes on a tank

Why not get that with a 4stroke

But the point is Yamaha SHOULD ALSO keep the smaller tank on certain models

NO one is suggesting get rid of the small tank BUT rather have a similar model with bigger tank

How big is your tank on your ZR 600?? You can go 140 miles??? Miles or kilometers? I have an '02 600 EFI, and I have never made it over 100 miles on a tank!!

**EDIT** - Freezer, your tank is almost twice as big as the FX Nytro tank!!

I would LIKE to see a bigger tank on the Nytro, but it isn't happening. 3-4 more gallons of gas = 24-30 lbs. So now it weighs as much as an Apex but with less power - bascially you're turning it into a Vector. My point in responding to this post is that I think the range on the Nytro will be fine, and I don't think people should be scared off from buying this great machine because of it.
Someone in this thread who talked to reps said Yamaha isn't going to change it, and I doubt they would. IF I'm wrong, you can devote an entire thread to laughing at me.

If you can get 16 miles per gallon on the Nytro, your looking for fuel at 80 miles. Your out of fuel on the side of the trail at 100 miles on the last drop of fuel in the 28 liters.

7.4 x 16 = 120 miles. I don't worry about fuel with a 1/4 tank left. And you will not be out of gas after 100, that is just not true.

I am currently on a Phazer fx and get about 135 on an 8 gallon tank. Would love to 150 miles on a tank.

If you are saying you would like to go 150 miles on a fill-up, I would too. If you are saying you wouldn't buy the sled because of the extra 15 miles would be lost, that doesn't make any sense.

I have been out riding today, 210km or 131 miles, and i have passed atleast 4 gasstations, I just dont get the bitchin about the SMALL tank? If u ride alot of groomed trails
and go LONG rides and want a big tank, buy the VECTOR OR APEX or install an extra tank!
How big is your tank on your ZR 600?? You can go 140 miles??? Miles or kilometers? I have an '02 600 EFI, and I have never made it over 100 miles on a tank!!

I have brought up these very two points about 800 times, this is the truth. Let's see if you get the same reaction I did. The Nytro is NOT a cruising sled. And why do people keep worrying about 15 extra miles?

silversurfer said:
7.4 x 16 = 120 miles. I don't worry about fuel with a 1/4 tank left. And you will not be out of gas after 100, that is just not true.

28L/ by 1 gallon (4.5L) =6.22......6.22x16mpg=99.55miles

Cannuck gallons!

Dan

Dano said:
silversurfer said:

28L/ by 1 gallon (4.5L) =6.22......6.22x16mpg=99.55miles

Cannuck gallons!

Dan

Something doesn't add up here. Either they are putting a smaller tank on the Canadian version (which would be ridiculous) or your math is wrong.

Back