• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel richening or leaning it out :

tryanATTAK

Expert
I have found this site to be a great source of info however, I recently read about how to richen or lean out the fuel injected sleds and can't for the life of me remember where I read it and I can't find it through the search engine either. If anyone knows where this is could you post up a link? Also do you benefit from leaning out the 07 Attak? There is alittle soot in the exhaust pipe, but it also has just over 500 miles on it, but I can confidently say I will not be going back to a 2 smoke. Thanks, Gene.

The fuel "leaning" is probably what Allen Ulmer (SRXSPEC) posted. This procedure only leans your fuel at idle setting and low rpms'. Go the Ulmerracing.com. Directions to do it are there. If you want to adjust fuel throughout the rpm range, you will have to buy something like a Boondocker controller or something like that.

The Boondocker is about $400 - $450. To be honest, Apex fuel ratio's are pretty good from guys (like me) that have dyno'd and other guys that have a wide band air/gauge. I think and several others agree that the Apex is a litlle rich in the 10,300 - 11,200 rpm range. Other than that, it is pretty solid.

Most of the soot is probably from when you first start it. It has to run rich until it warms up.

Maybe someone else knows differently?

Oh,

Here it is on Ulmer racing.com. I hope it's o.k. to post this???? If not, please delete it and accept my sincere aoplogy.

Apex C0 Fuel Adjust:
- Install a wire (or paperclip) from ground to the pale green wire in the connector on the left of the delta box. This wire has no mating wire in the male connector and only needs to be grounded to the Delta Box.

Enter Diagnostic mode:
- With the key and kill switch off, press and hold both "Select and Reset" buttons then power up the gauge by turning both the key and kill switch on.
- Wait 8 seconds and the gauge will go blank except for "DI" in the display.
- Press "Select" to toggle between "DI" and "C0", Select "C0".
- Press and hold both "Select and Reset" 3 seconds
- Gauge will display "C:01", (this is where you select which cylinder you want to adjust)
- Press and hold "Select and Reset" 3 seconds and 0 should appear in the odometer section
- Press "Select" to increase the number (richer), "Reset" to decrease the number (leaner)
- Example: (10 would be richer) (-10 would be leaner)
- Press both "Select and reset" to chose C:02 and adjust the same as above (must do this for each cylinder)

You will want to go RICHER (positive numbers). Generally up 10 will be enough to get past any hesitation or stumble you may run into.

If you want to ajust your entire fuel curve, go to Ulmerracing.com and check out the POWER COMMANDER that they sell.

Thanks for the info, and taking the time to post up the write up. I will most likely leave it alone from what you're saying. I just thought it might be interesting to see what kind of gains could be had from doing some tinkering. I will be doing some of the cheaper small hp gain mods next season and working on the suspension and handling. I'm not saying it's terrible but there is room for improvement in both areas. I absolutely love this sled and can't wait to ride it again. Winter was just too short !!.

You can add a liitle more power to it by opening up the bottomof the airbox, or if you are not comfortable messing with it, buying the airbox mod from Ulmer. You will need to tweak your EFI to compensate, but it does help. Sounds cool too.

Apex C0 Fuel Adjust:
- Install a wire (or paperclip) from ground to the pale green wire in the connector on the left of the delta box. This wire has no mating wire in the male connector and only needs to be grounded to the Delta Box.
Stealth_001.jpg

Enter Diagnostic mode:
- With the key and kill switch off, press and hold both "Select and Reset" buttons then power up the gauge by turning both the key and kill switch on.
- Wait 8 seconds and the gauge will go blank except for "DI" in the display.
- Press and hold both "Select and Reset" 3 seconds
- Gauge will display "C:01", (this is where you select which cylinder you want to adjust)
- Press and hold "Select and Reset" 3 seconds and 0 should appear in the odometer section
- Press "Select" to increase the number (richer), "Reset" to decrease the number (leaner)
- Example: (10 would be richer) (-10 would be leaner)
- Press both "Select and reset" to chose C:02 and adjust the same as above (must do this for each cylinder)

You will want to go RICHER (positive numbers). Generally up 10 will be enough to get past any hesitation or stumble you may run into.

Thanks guys. How much hp can be gained by opening the airbox up? I don't want to go hog wild but I also don't want to lose to my buddies ZR900 or my other buddies Gade 800. I currently have a 2004 XCSP 700 with the SLP y pipe, pipe, cannister, airhorn kit and flowrites, with clutching and jetting, and gearing optimized. It is also running a 136" Tracks USA rail and tunnel extension and Slp powder pro skis. This 700 will take both of my buddies sleds and from the runs I made against my wife on the Attak it takes that also. But After riding the Attak I want it and my wife might let me have it ( I actually bought it for her ) as we have come to the conclusion she doesn't need this kind of power. So we're looking at getting her the 2008 Vector LTX in the same color as the Attak. I have the Poo pretty dialed in but the Attak is just so comfortable ergo wise and I just love the power band, so I just want to get it up to the same kind of performance as my 700 XCSP. Thanks again, Gene.

No you will not need to do any adjustments to your co settings,unless you have some kind of bog,from some sort of alteration to your air lid,or mod. box,only than may be you will need some fuel on the low end,which is the only area it effects mostly,only up to 7,000 rpms.

If you had just bought a 07 Attak and had never been on a 4 stroke sled, and was coming off a pretty dialed in 2 stroke what mods would you guys do to assure you could take the sleds I previously mentioned? I want to keep this reliable first and foremost but also want to lay down the smack to my buddies. Gene

Curious as too what the "DI" designation stands for thanx in advance.

Back