• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Coming over from the Yellow and Black

Nytro 1

I ordered my new Nytro today! I ordered the base model in blue. I have not decided what to use the $600 in accessories for - probably a cover, skid plate, taller windshield and ??? My dealer convinced me that I didn't need or want the RTX model, he actually prefers the GTYR shocks over the Fox. I hope I made the right choice.
I am looking forward to no injector oil and that smooth four stroke power!! I am coming from an 03 Rev 800. I hope I like the Nytro! Can't wait for winter again. :rocks:

Nytro 1 said:
I ordered my new Nytro today! I ordered the base model in blue. I have not decided what to use the $600 in accessories for - probably a cover, skid plate, taller windshield and ??? My dealer convinced me that I didn't need or want the RTX model, he actually prefers the GTYR shocks over the Fox. I hope I made the right choice.

I am looking forward to no injector oil and that smooth four stroke power!! I am coming from an 03 Rev 800. I hope I like the Nytro! Can't wait for winter again. :rocks:

Every report I have read (and that's a lot) said that the Nytro is a better sled hands down than the old Rev. Lighter, better bump handling, faster, better on oil....I'm sure you will love it! :rules

:welc: Congrats on the new sled! ;)! I think that the GYT's up front are the better choice. IMO! The one thing that you miss out on are the beefy rear shocks on the RTX! No biggie!! :-o

Take your old rev and add better performance.better handling, and better bump absorbtion and your there with the nytro.

Nytro 1 said:

I am with you...I am coming over from the land of doo's too! One ride on the Nytro and I was pretty much hooked.

We might as well add another convert to the list I am also coming over from an 05 rev X, Ordered a Nytro RTX, what an improvment on ergos over my rev. Can't wait to pick it up.

I am wonderiing if I should change my order it seems like most people are going for the RTX although as I said my dealer talked me out of it as that is what I thought I wanted !!!

Congrats................. I just finished my third season on my 4-stroke vector.. Crazy about it.. The motor is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Smooth power, great exhaust sound. I check my gas mileage every tank full.. averaging between lows in the 17ish to a high of 21.9.. range. It never uses oil during the year. you shoiuld like the new sled for it's lower weight and stronger motor than my vector.. Good luck .Now the hard part.. The looooooooong summer wait. :die :exc: :o| MM.

Nytro 1 said:
I am wonderiing if I should change my order it seems like most people are going for the RTX although as I said my dealer talked me out of it as that is what I thought I wanted !!!

Always order what you want! You can always change things and it is easier for you to live with your own decisions. Instead of the dealer said this and that later on. Its your money buy what you want.

Nytro 1 said:

Go read the reports from maxsled.com. I just read Wade Wests report and he and the others feel the RTX will be very stiff and for the very hard riders only. Most reports I've read say that the std Nytro is the logical choice. My dealer also suggested to stay away from the RTX because he feels the clicker shocks on the std Nytro are the best shocks Yamaha offers.

I am also coming from a 05 800x with two other riding buds one had a 06 800x and the other had a 05 long track 800 . I rode the rtx demo and it is a little stiff compared to the x doo butt I had my shocks redone by hygear because it would bottom out to much.I do not feel these shocks will need revalveing so that was my pick three new rtx owners coming from ski doo.

One thing I do find kind of odd!
Is that so many people are claiming the new Nytro will out handle and perform better than a current Rev. (pre-08)
(granted I really hope you are right as we just made a 40K investment thinking along the same lines)
But coming from a Rev that was making over 130hp and weighting in right at 470 lbs (sitting on the starting line) Yes that is with fuel, (2 gal) oil, (< quart) and all fluids, studded track 1.75 track ready to race a heat. Now next year IF we were to leave the Nytro stock (don't worry we won't) we would be making a bit more HP but giving up at least 70 lbs. Now we should be able shead some weight but rules limit us to leave intake and exhaust stock :(
Please don't take this post the wrong way as we'll be searching all summer and next winter for performance tips and reliablity issues on these Nytro RTX. We are committed to making these sleds perform and will be seeking help from many and would appreciate any info for both sno-x and x-country racing.

Back