• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track options for Nytro?

nate007

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
1. '06 Apex -twin screw
2. '04 Redline Revolt 800
3. '09 Nytro XTX - twin screw
What do you guys think of the Ripsaw on the Nytro, for the type of riding that this sled serves?
I was thinking of trying to negotiate with my dealer for a different, more agressive track, to swap before I ever ride it.
Has anybody ever gotten this done? I wanted to have a 1.5" (I think) and go to a harder track that will be better for ditch riding.
I don't have too many problems with the Rip on my Apex now, but I don't like it trenching all the time.
The guys I ride with ( F7, REV 600 & 800, 'Gade 1000,) all seem to have more agressive tracks for holeshots. My buddies REV 600 will come out of the hole as good or better than my Apex, and it suck to see that, because I clearly have more power.
Anybody's dealer working with them on this stuff?
If so, what track would suit me the best?

A 1.5" Intense Powder Camoplast track will take you places you never thought possible on a 121 for the type of riding you described !

1.5" X 14 wide free ride. Amazing traction for a 121. I ran the 136 free ride on my turbo & even at hi boost it hooked hard.Intense has softer lugs that work well in powder but will fold over & spin on hard snow. it ain,t the ripsaw doing the trenching; it,s the approach angle of the track. Nytro has a shallower approach angle & should work a lot better off trail.

I do or I should say we do a lot of open field running and with the 121 we noticed the #*$&@ end flopping back and forth trying to find traction to go ahead. Now because of this it keeps the wife from going fast enough for it too end or stop. So I am waiting for the 136 version.

Attachments

• airlid.jpg
    airlid.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 379
I do run mostly ditch trails, which get beat to crap within a day or so. There are groomers, but I've seen one within the last 3 or 4 years! We get a few good inches of snow, everybody goes out (I mean everybody) and the trails last a few days at best.
SO to say the least I do most of my riding on crap trails, and open fields that may have approx 4- 7" of snow. The open fields I get killed on because I'm spinning so bad. Out of the hole isn't as bad now with studs, but I'd still like better traction.
Has anybody had any luck getting their dealers to swap tracks before the sled goes out the door?
Is there a web site to go to that I can see the different model tracks ? I think I was on Camoplast's site before, and they relly didn't show much. I'd like to see what the patterns/ lug designs are, and find out the positives and negatives of each one.
~Nate

Nate,

I ride with a whole slew of ditchbangers, and after we get pounded with snow in the Highlands, the 1.5 inch Intense powder Camoplast track is unbelieveable for traction. Even on decent hard packed trails, the difference in hook-up over a 1.25 ripsaw for example is incredible, it's the best track I have ever tried. I find some 1.5 inch tracks look small when comparing lug height to this track. As far as the lugs rolling over, I can't say I've ever watched a slow-mo vid to actually see it, but I sure as heck can feel the difference over a 1.25 when I hit the flipper ! Do yourself a favour, get this track and show your buddies what I'm talking about, you won't be disappointed ! ;)!

6 pitch predator for me as well. Dealer said it shouldn't be a problem to switch track when I take possesion. If they do it, I pay labour, if I do it, well, I do it.

R1rider,
How well does this track hold up inmarginal snow conditions? I know there are alot of times when I have to be looking for some snow to drop into to cool things down, and lube the hyfax. I think of a powder track, and I think of boondocking, which we;ve never had good enough snow to do! Have you ridden this track on marginal conditions? I have to say, it sucks, but most of the snow we ride on most guys wouldn't even get their sleds out for.
I'll ask Rod if he'll trade me tracks, but I'd like a few reviews of other tracks as well!!!!??? hint, hint...
I;ve heard alot about the Predator, but primarilly the 1". My buddy Nick's 1000 'Gade is awesome inmost conditions, and that's why I'm thinking.
Nate

nate007 said:
R1rider,
How well does this track hold up inmarginal snow conditions? I know there are alot of times when I have to be looking for some snow to drop into to cool things down, and lube the hyfax. I think of a powder track, and I think of boondocking, which we;ve never had good enough snow to do! Have you ridden this track on marginal conditions? I have to say, it sucks, but most of the snow we ride on most guys wouldn't even get their sleds out for.
I'll ask Rod if he'll trade me tracks, but I'd like a few reviews of other tracks as well!!!!??? hint, hint...
I;ve heard alot about the Predator, but primarilly the 1". My buddy Nick's 1000 'Gade is awesome inmost conditions, and that's why I'm thinking.
Nate

Nate,

Sounds like you guys are pretty hardcore, but I know what you mean. I'm not too sure if I would feel comfortable about riding all season with the Intense Powder track on if the majority of your days' conditions are marginal, sounds more like you should be interested in something studded, or maybe just stick with the stock ripsaw. It would be a shame to go out and tear that track apart in marginal conditions, but it sounds like you're gonna do that to no matter what track is on your sled. I've ridden over 2000 km's on the Intense this year and haven't torn a lug, but we had a decent season with lots of powder, otherwise, I'm sure there would be carnage ! For deep powder days though, it's amazing, I can't imagine a better track for these conditions !

Just two weeks ago in one of these pics, I had to break trail through a fresh 15 foot high drift, and guess what, it didn't get stuck once ! What else can I say......

Attachments

• DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 387
  • DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 430
I can honestly say nobody in out group has ever damaged a track that I know of. (within the last 10 years).
To say we ride in marginal conditions is to say the least, we do know when to quit, however.
My main reason for wanting to try something different is simply because I see the guys I ride with getting better traction than me quite often. My Apex is studded, and it helped tremendously, but I always want more!
~Nate

turk.... have u heard anything on the 1.5 ripsaw track.....same weight as freeride but 15" wide would think its better traction but ya never know.... just thought id ask thanks

Don't go with the 1.5 ripsaw. I put it in my 600 xc and rode it in low snow conditions for about 300 miles, then the real snow came. But in that time the track didn't lose any whole lugs, but LOTS of the fingers where gone. and all the lugs looked as if I had taken it out on the rode and just did donuts for a while. It's WAY to soft for any kind of conditions. Just doesn't hold up.

So what, is the Intense a harder track? The patterns look very similar.
So would the vote be for the Intense, then?
Nate

Back