• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

128" Track installed.

Mars

Pro
I've been getting some PM's about how the install went.

Parts:

MMP Rail Extensions (bought from Dennis Kirk) 3.75" -136" to 144" OFFSET for 8" Big Wheel swap.
(2) Cat M8 8" rear wheels (These are priced WELL and have a removable bearing, same size as stock Phazer)
(1) 128" X 13.5" track. I chose the 1-3/8" paddle.

Work :

I had my rear axle cut about 4.8" shorter, drilled and tapped, and new spacers made to fit two 8" wheels down the center.

I removed the other 2 wheels where the coil springs mount, they were useless now due to the 13.5" wide track.

Pics :

128_track2.JPG

128_track3.JPG

128_track.JPG

Should have a review sometime in 2008.. :Rockon:

I was not impressed with the Ripsaw.
Rear axle bearings were really rough after only 600 miles, they are not removable from the wheel, unlike these 8" cat wheels.
Some have been reporting hyfax wear, my sled has 600 miles with some road running and the slides were still fine.
2 of my grease fittings had a poor welding job on them and would not take in grease...

Man, Yamaha's going downhill lately...

the 128 track should be a great all around track combo.

Let us know how it works out for you.

I bet you can't wait to try it in the snow. Let us know how it works. It should be sweet being right in between a 121 and a 136.

Yeah, I'm not brave enough yet, the things not even paid off...

haha.

It does water VERY well though... All I did was tape up the clutch side, and that's it. I had the smallest lugs and HP out of the 3 sleds, but on the water, you couldn't tell at all. :Rockon:

I like the sound, I wish there was more pics and vid of your sled. I still working on an exhaust for mine.

Alright, put about 200 miles on it.

This track is what the Phazer should have come with.

UNREAL on the trails. On a lake with about 10" of fresh powder, I can keep up to or even beat MUCH larger sleds for a short burst. It now hangs the skis in the air for a while, and hooks up.

It's an awsome feeling.

I didn't figure out how much top end I 've lost soo far, but this is a must have mod for anyone who thinks the Ripsaw is a good track... haha

Rides better as well. The flap doesn't interfere nor does the tunnel. 128" is just perfect. I was jumping the sled, and noticed nothing was hitting.

Everything back there is stock.

I think I might be doing this in the future. Sounds great Mars. :jump: :-o

Mars is this the track you used Part# 1602-546,full clip,1.38 off of a Firecat ?

Not sure about the part number, but it's from a Snow Pro firecat, 1-3/8" full clipped as well.

They were VERY cheap on E-bay in Feb. last year. (this year.)

A truly wicked mod, and the 8" wheels are just soo pimp. haha.

Yeah I think that is the one. Full clip and 39 lbs.
Thanx Bruce.

Back