• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha-Motor.com Specifications Incorrect: NO HITCH AVAIL.

The Hitch is a Major Reason?? a $45 hitch, your serious? I am sure there will be something that could be retro fitted, I have added hitches before when I had to pull my kids around quite a few years back and there was plenty after market stuff to work with.

I know I can drop the sled off at our local welders shop for $120 per hour and they could make something work. Yes, that is the labour rate up here. But don't forget the kind of loads I tow as well. It's dependant on survival. A simple welded bar onto the bumper won't do the trick, my heavy boggan will rip that off. It's got to be strong enough to haul hundreds of pounds in gear, wood and animals for hunting. It looked to me like the tunnel was solid enough that's why I wasn't surprised when it said hitch optional. A $100 hitch from the factory is so much nicer than a $600 custom job by a welding shop on the wallet.

wow labour is crazy up there,i had a custom alum hitch on my rev..that riveted to the top of the tunnel and wrap'd around the bumper,less than 1 hour labour..this year ill buy the alum and make it myself..no buddies with a shop?

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean Yellowknife! :o|

On my Vector LTX I will have to use the half-a$$ hitch the Yamaha-importer has developed, with HUGE extra plates on both sides to stiffen the tunnel. I would realy like for Yamaha to make a integrated design, but I guess that would make the sled even heavier, so I don't think Yammie would ever do it... It seems like they are too anxious about their tunnels being kinked, and the US-riders don't need a hitch??? I guess it's all down to demand for it...

Back