• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex carbides

jkenosh

Expert
What kinda carbides has everyone tried and which did thy like? my 06 apex came new with bergstrom 4 in triple points, and was going to buy them again but thought i might try something different, :rocks:

Did your dealer install them? I currently run 8" Triples on my Attak, the stock carbides were JUNK!! You'll get LOTS of opinions on carbides, I've run nothing but Bergstrom products for 16 yrs. Stand up guy with great products!

We make a very long lasting carbide if you are looking for something else.
Bruce

i never tried the stock ones my dealer installs the bergstroms on all his new yamahas i think, i live in kenosha and work in waukegan maybe ill pick some up from cb performance and try them

Come on over I will show you what we make.

Bruce

The stock ones were only 3", I don't believe they were 4", and mine wore out within 750 miles.
I replaced them with an agressive 6" , but it felt too aggressive in the steering.
On long runs, the steering felt stable but the rear of the sled felt loose. I just added 144 Stud Boys up the middle of the track and I'm waiting for the snow to fall to see if I'm happy with this set up.

bergstroms def the ticket 8" the way to go, i've run his carbides for years and love em.... call scott and talk to him, he is very helpful and willing to talk to you. (trust me i got him on speed dial) nothing bites better!!! does this sound like an ad???? i've tried all kinds on my apex and this is def the way to go!!!! now will someone please tell me about the 23gear I need to know if i should do it, what will i gain???

The carbides from CB are the longest lasting abd toughest bars I have run on any of my sleds....
He has them on sale right now.

Oh I have 8" ones on my Attak

Mshabaz, I have a set of bergstroms carbides for my apex, just wondering if you you are using the ski savers.

This is my first Yamaha, and with only 500 miles on the stock 3" carbides these skis definitely need to be shimmed. In just 500 miles the front of the carbide is worn flat and the backs still look like new and this was in pretty good snow conditions!

I believe if you shim the rubbers as everyone suggests to eliminate darting, add the Bergstorm ski savers (to get the carbide up and out of the groove in the bottom of the ski) you will have a good and cheap solution to all the complaints of the Yamaha skis.

Kaz

at first i was not(didn't seem to sit right, but scott encouraged me to try them. i never realized what a difference they would make! the ski saver gives just a slightly different profile to the keel and really helps with darting....and.... on the last ride of the season we ran into serious mud, gravel and rocks, i have to say the ski savers took a hell of a beating and did their job(they saved my skis!!!!) and the carbides still look great. i strongly rcmd them.

polcat said:
Mshabaz, I have a set of bergstroms carbides for my apex, just wondering if you you are using the ski savers.

Back