• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A-arm protectors won't fit

BLUEBALLER

Expert
anyone else buy the yamaha a-arm guards? went to mount them tonight and the clamp nearest the spindle doesn't fit where it's supposed to. seems like the lower shock mount is welded a little too close to the end of the a-arm and the clamp for the guard will not fit in there. anyone else notice this? standard FX Nytro. are the lower shock mounts different on the MTX/RTX's?

Attachments

• IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1924.JPG
    IMG_1924.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 134

I never tried to install mine yet... Its actually the same part number as the Phazer A-Guards. Maybe Yamaha assumed they would automatically bolt up to the Nytro A-arm? We must make some calls and find out whats going on. Worse case scenario. I will 3M tape mine. Keep the paint from cracking and rusting.

get a set from Gade thrasher. They are better anyways. Maxdlx

We have a-arm protectors to fit the RX chassis, the Apex chassis, and the Phazer.
Since the FX Nytro was based off the Phazer, I'm fairly sure that the Phazer version will fit. But the first person willing to help us out on the fitment for the FX Nytro will get a set for free.

gade-thrasher said:
We have a-arm protectors to fit the RX chassis, the Apex chassis, and the Phazer.
Since the FX Nytro was based off the Phazer, I'm fairly sure that the Phazer version will fit. But the first person willing to help us out on the fitment for the FX Nytro will get a set for free.

Darn it, to bad I don't have one. lol

Someone should jump on this deal......... :Rockon:

1CS

gade-thrasher said:

If Yamaha's Phazer version doesn't fit? How is yours going to???

Attachments

• apex fan.jpg
    apex fan.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 154
his mount different, so if the basic design is right, his might just fit. Maxdlx

there is on his website. I have the rx ones and they are easy to install and lite weigfht. Familyman has the plastic ones so we will be able to compare them this winter. Maxdlx

Crewchief47 said:
PM sent to Gade

Replied to your PM. As I mentioned, since you are the first to order, and will be helping us check to make sure our design fits the FX Nytro, we will give you the set for free. Thanks for your help.

Everyone else - We'll keep ya posted on how it turns out.

FYI- Yamaha Phazer and FX Nytro A-Arm guards are not the same. They list two different part numbers for A-Arm guards for those models - The Phazer uses an 8GC style and the FX Nytro uses an 8GL style. So if you are trying to mount Yamaha accessory Phazer guards on a FX Nytro they will not fit.

Back