• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Swaybar on Phazer

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Anyone done this yet?I have a new FX Nytro swaybar in hand now.It is larger dia than Phazers.Just eyeballing it seems as though it can be made to fit.Will let you all know how it works out.

I've done some checking into this. The part # for the sway bar on the FXNytro is the the same as the part # for the Phazer mountain. It's a 15mm bar vs. the 14mm bar thats standard on the PhazerFX.
Why Yamaha would have a thicker bar on the mountain sled is beyond me! You will probably need the bushings that are in the U-clamps under the sled for the larger bar also, than it should bolt right on. The PhazerFX definately needs a heavyer bar for aggressive trail riding in the twisties in my opinion. I was hoping someone in the aftermarket would have a larger bar by now, but this was going to be my next try. Please keep us informed on how it works.
Mike

Really!Never thought there was a thicker bar on other Phazers.Cool should go fairly easily then.I did get the bushings also.Still have a Cannondale motor to finish but by next weekend I should be getting to the sleds.Knowing the part#'s are same though cant see why it wont work.

michaelscs said:
The PhazerFX definately needs a heavyer bar for aggressive trail riding in the twisties in my opinion.

I couldn't agree with you more. Before this, my brother and I rode sabercat 500's and I would be ahead of him much more than not. Now that I have the phazer it seams that he is a lot closer behind me. When I want to work, and I mean work, I can still stay ahead of him on the FX. When riding 200+ mile days I just don't have the energy to ride that hard for that many miles. This season when he rides the new F-5 on the twin spar chassis it will be even harder for me to make sure he can't catch me ;-)

michaelscs said:
Cannondale27,
Did you get the FxNytro sway bar on yet? Did it bolt right on? Let us know, and lets us know how it feels!
Thanks Mike

No not yet.Still working on some other projects.No snow here either.Hoping to get to it this weekend.

cannondale27, not sure which Nytro sway bar you have but there's two diff bars: 15mm for short track, 13mm for Mtn, both are link mounts.

Phazers also have diff types: 15mm link mount, 14mm link mount, 15mm block mount.

Nytro 15mm link mount.Never saw a Phazer with a block mount type.I assume they must put some type of block on the A-arms the bar goes into?If so that may be a better option since it allows a bit of free suspension if the blocks are slotted.

You're correct, uses plastic blocks on lower a-arms. But not slotted.

They're used on Phazer GT and Venture Lite.

Hmm interesting.What I am thinking is if I end up being to stiff for good suspension movement but handling is great a slotted block type might be a option.I still didnt get to this project but when I do will post pics.Finally got sled out of shed but very busy.I am hoping that if in fact the Nytro swaybar fits then aftermarket will make even thicker ones since Nytro is going to be a big aftermarket parts seller.

It Fits!6bolts and honestly no more than 10minutes.I rode a bunch of laps around the yard before and after switch.I know its not trail speeds but it is a very noticable difference.Makes steering feel much more responsive and less tippy.I really like it so far.May take them both out and do back to back runs this winter but it is better as far as I am concerned.Here is some pics with part#'s.As has been pointed out some Phazers had a 15mm swaybar already so make sure yours has the 14mm before buying one.

FXNytro bar on top of Phazer swaybar.Perfect match.

Attachments

• Swaybar 001.jpg
    Swaybar 001.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 353
  • Swaybar 003.jpg
    Swaybar 003.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 284
  • Swaybar 005.jpg
    Swaybar 005.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 531

Back